KVR MIX CHALLENGE - MC04 September 2014 - Winners announced.

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just sent out PM's to those that requested the statistics sheet.

If there is another request for it, I'll post it in public (read: update the post above).
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Due to request (5 people at bar minimum), I made the "statistics sheet" available on page 6.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Winners announcement

:band:

It was not easy for the Knattertones to agree on their favorite mixes (they are 10 people...) but they finally got it.

And the winners of KVR Mix Challenge 04 are...

1. place: mwaudioprod
2. place: jhkennedy5
3. place: 3ee

Congrats !!!

whoohoo!! :party:
Thanks and congrats to the winners! :)
..again, enjoyed mixing this fun song! :tu:

3ee was my fav. Congratulations!
Vlad from Tokyo Dawn Labs

Congrats to the winners :party:

:tu: :party: :phones:

Congrats to the winners!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Well done winners!! :clap: :party:

vladg wrote:3ee was my fav. Congratulations!
Thanks, glad to know! :)
..I guess I owe it in a fair amount to the NI Solid Bus Comp... dunno, ever-since I started using it (got it inside Komplete 9) my mixes took a significant good "something". :D suddenly I don't like my DC8C2 that much...

If you're new to mixing but understand a fair amount of terminology and theoretics. Try getting this book: http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jun11/a ... ecrets.htm

Hey guys, sorry for the quick "offtopic" but I think most here will find interesting... it's about mixing.

there's this site like audiodraft.com but with mix engineering contests, you can win prize money. (not much, but it's something + you get to practice mixing) and it has an opened competition atm)

http://crowdaudio.com/competition/23/

Congratulations to the winners! This contest was a lot of fun and a great opportunity to learn a lot! I'll be going back to the tracks and studying the different techniques. Thank you to the moderators for posting the audio statistics. That will help a lot!

Wow! :eek: This is unbelievable, this I never expected.
Thanks so much and congrats to the winners! :party:
Yippie! :D :party:

Edit: I take the T-RackS EQ 73. The EQ is very musical and the preamp is wonderfull to add “grit” or distortion to my tracks. Tank you so much! :party:
Last edited by mwaudioprod on Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Well done to the winners. A good song, challenge and nice mixes.

Congratulations to the other winners and thanks to the Knattertones! I enjoyed getting to know this song and a new genre for me. I am thrilled to be one of the winners, as there were a lot of great mixes.

If I understand the rules correctly and get to choose a prize, I choose the Tone2 bundle. Thank you!

I think I'll go with the Camel Space... just demoed it and it seems like something useful to have. :)

Edit: useful plug, I think I'll keep it! :D
Last edited by 3ee on Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Production Techniques”