Who can play a short Guitar Lick for me?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

I'm looking for someone who could play a short Guitar Riff for me. I have an original, which is an 8-Bit Sample and want to re-create it as good as possible, which means playing it with a real E-Guitar.

It's a real short Riff, but if you insist I could be paying you a little bit for your effort (reasonable of course).

Anybody interested? Please PM me.

Thanks and all the best,
Volker

If you can post a link to a sound file I might be able to help. Depends on the difficulty of the lick

Yep, here's the link:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AirR5cW6geq6kR8YvhESxXRFNdAj

I think it IS difficult - but also way cool, isn't it?

Thats pretty simple, most guitarists could reproduce that.

If you dont have any luck ill upload something.

Do you just want that exact phrase or would you also want some variations?
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Both ;-)
At least the original, but if you could also provide some variations, that'll be just...wow! :-)

Thanks VariKusBrainz!

As a guitarist (sorry I don´t have time to give a try now), just a couple of remarks:

1. The sample in the link has not the best quality. This can make the accurate re-creation more difficult.

2. I don´t know if it is because of the bad quality, but in the tim 0.17 there seems to be missing some microsecond.

3. The heavy reverb does not make the re-creation easier, but its not too bad.

4. The basic riff is rather simple, there´s several details, "choral notes", which makes the whole thing, and which should all
be included.

Everything except the guitar is my part (i. e. the "choral notes") ;-)

Do you want a clean uneffected recording so you can add your own amp emus and effects?

Im thinking just a straight DI recording.

Are you fussy about tone?

Im guessing not as the quality of the guitar in your sample is pretty poor, no offence, as its swathed in effects and sounds like it was ripped from a turdy mp3 ;)
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Best would be pure (DI) and with FX so it sounds as much as the original.
Second best: only pure DI.

Hmmm...anyone else who can contribute such a "simple" riff?

Return to “Production Techniques”