Best Advice Given?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

a bird in the hand is worth two in the kate bush
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

:hihi:

"don't sweat it" - with regards to any DAW, not just Reason:

https://youtu.be/T-TpPLzRpsU
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

chk071 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:59 am "Go to KVR Audio for info and chat."

:roll:
Whoever told you that should be tarred and feathered. :x

More accurate would have been: "Go to KVR Audio to waste time and money, in some proportion."
A well-behaved signature.

You need to know the rules in order to break them...

Learn some music theory it will save you heaps of time and increase your pallet.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Use mono instruments / effects more when mixing (and panning).

Don’t sit down if you make dance music

Put a Frequency Shifter in the feedback path of a Delay

dont lick that.

probably more useful than anything in this thread at the minute...

Hermetech Mastering wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:47 pm Put a Frequency Shifter in the feedback path of a Delay
How would you do this?

Bob Slydell wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:23 pm
Hermetech Mastering wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:47 pm Put a Frequency Shifter in the feedback path of a Delay
How would you do this?
Very easy, you just need to patch it up on a modular synth or modular style host software. In hardware I did it with a Blacet Time Machine (BBD delay) and an Encore Electronics Frequency Shifter. In software I do it in AudioMulch. You make your own feedback path with Mults and Mixers, instead of using the Delay's built in feedback, then you can patch whatever you like into the feedback path. It's insane, allows you to have way more feedback before self oscillation. I think Steve Hillage was the first to do something similar, patching the Eventide Harmoniser into the delay feedback. You can hear it on Rainbow Dome Musick. That was pitch shifting but similar concept. I prefer the sound of a Frequency Shifter there.

Forgot Id posted this thread what with everything else going on. Some good tips. And some not so good 😬
Stay safe people
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

suck it and see
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

• Find out how little you can get away with (ie, KISS)
  • Rule of Two: don't have one of anything (ie, strategic redundancy in case something breaks)
  • Use stock plugins as much as possible (ie, you can EQ even if your iLok breaks or plugin dev goes out of business)
  • Use deadlines and templates (ie, get off your a$$, make it easy to get off your a$$)

Aloysius wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:21 pm suck it and see
thats against the advice at present.
more "dont suck it, look at it from 6 feet away and see" :)

this has been a public health information post on behalf of the human race.

Return to “Production Techniques”