Favorite Logic Pro X compressor?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We actually changed from channelEQ to Pro-Q and with same settings and Q the difference in clarity of low end was very clear back in the day. ChannelEQ is of course much much less CPU intensive but... its the sound.
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

Than there's Equilibrium, where you can go nuts with different type of filters, they will all sound different also, not saying Logic stock EQ is perfection of digital EQ, but it's not complete trash either.

Can folks hear difference in Logic 9 vs X compressors?

My default is the black one. Classic vca? Suppose it wants to be a dbx 160 or something. Also like the red one. Actually the red is probably my favourite for regular compression, but these days I only use the comp for sidechaining and then it’s the black one.

If you use the Channel EQ, remember to turn on HQ mode. The linear phase version sounds noticeably better on high end as well.

thermal wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:39 amIf you use the Channel EQ, remember to turn on HQ mode. The linear phase version sounds noticeably better on high end as well.
Not sure if it was available in 9... I was and still not very familiar with logic. I can get around it but its way too complicated for me these days :D
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

I really enjoy the FET comps - both studio and vintage. I think the studio FET adds a nice energy to drums if you're going for more of a vintage vibe. For clean comp, I'm on board with a lot of other comments: the platinum is pretty great!

Return to “Production Techniques”