Just noticed this "new" free sequencer : Macaw

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Man, Universal is sooooo deep. Really complicated synth project. Its a little hard for me to get my grips with. Whenever I encounter a new synth like this I cannot decide weather I should learn it or just stick with my usual synths. I'm tempted to use this one a lot.
Do not lick the fablanky

move over absynth... it's universal! agreed, this thing is deeeeeeep beyond belief :shock:. the sound design possibilities are absolutely endless with 8 oscillators and multipoint envelopes for pretty much every parameter. i am also very tempted get right into programming it although i have come across a few bugs and quirks along the way. nothing that will stop me using it though. universal/macaw definitely deserves its own forum!!

I agree - how about it KVR? A Macaw/Universal forum!

I have to admit that I find the presets in Universal all seem to sound a bit samey, but I can see it's an immensely powerful synth, and Macaw is a very powerful DAW to boot.

One tip, in case you hadn't noticed it, just hover over any control in Universal and a tooltip will pop up, which is very helpful.

I can see Universal becoming THE free VST of choice from now on. Imagine if as many people start producing presets for it, as have produced presets for Synth1. It's astonishingly powerful - the ability to use samples, etc.

yep the presets are a bit samey - the dev clearly has a taste for fm synthesis! they don't really do the synth justice although there are some very good patches in there. just playing around making a few patches this evening and i can't believe the sounds i am getting out of this thing. excited! :D

http://code.google.com/p/macaw/w/list

hey you two thread dominators....
(good job by the way :hihi:)

go HERE -------------> http://code.google.com/p/macaw/w/list

MAKE THE DAMN WIKI!!

sounds like i need to put this on my windows xp machine eh?

do_androids_dream wrote:move over absynth... it's universal! agreed, this thing is deeeeeeep beyond belief :shock:. the sound design possibilities are absolutely endless with 8 oscillators and multipoint envelopes for pretty much every parameter. i am also very tempted get right into programming it although i have come across a few bugs and quirks along the way. nothing that will stop me using it though. universal/macaw definitely deserves its own forum!!

I got to agree. What a great piece of kit!. Brilliant! :love:

Quick question with Universal, when loading a default patch, how the heck do you turn off the vibrato effect that defaults to the mod wheel? It's driving me nuts trying to find out where it's coming from. :shock:

i downloaded this the other day and just got to try the synths from it now (in ableton live) they really are quite impressive at first try.. boy ,if this was made all a bit more attractive and usable it could be a real winner, and thats just the synths, havent gone into macaw yet. maybe he needs a partner to get it to the next level.. -hey get bootsie involved, include his eq's etc get a gui job done on it and sell it for $20 and you could probably sell a few thousand of it!
(or just keep giving it away :))

(edit)-the synths have 'aftertouch ' as well -which i havent noticed on too many plugins before!

I really like some of the bowed string sounds that it seems to be able to make.
Do not lick the fablanky

I have made that VST with Macaw in case you are interested. It was almost as easy as lego using the included "prefabs".

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zyyyzlzy3t4

Have anyone noted the separated audio Editor "MacWaves"? It's very nice too. Another alternative to wavosaur and audacity. It supports vst.

This is like the giveaway of the year :hyper:
Wondered where DeltaSP disappeared for some time. Now I know :wink:

i just had another go at this sequencer(because the plug-ins are so great)i would give it another shot,and after modifying the theme,to something more suitable.

it is quite a beast,this will definetly have a place on my laptop

EDIT:and yes it deserves its own forum :love:

it sends an error report everytime i close it.
it might have something to do with the audio drivers as i have to reset them everytime i re-open it.

Is there a topic on Universal yet? It works in every other sequencer I have tried, and has to be the deepest, most interesting free synth I have ever used.
Do not lick the fablanky

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”