Does FL Studio support multi core ?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just as the title says.

I know that version 9 will be out sometime soon and I know there has been some resistance to implementing multi core support in the past.

I've not used it for quite a while and wondering about the status of this feature?
Mixcraft 8 Recording Studio : Reason 10

i think the new version 9 will because the beta of it i'm using this moment does.
my newest sounds:
https://soundcloud.com/the-das-kaput

Cakewalk by BandLab, Komplete 13, Maschine 2 (MKI & Jam), Fathom Synth, Guitars, Jam Origin MIDI Guitar, EXH Superego+ etc

audiobot202 wrote:Just as the title says.

I know that version 9 will be out sometime soon and I know there has been some resistance to implementing multi core support in the past.

I've not used it for quite a while and wondering about the status of this feature?
I've been using FL Studio since FL 7 and it works great(mostly)for me I started with a PC with Core 2duo and I'am now running an AMD quad core with 4 gig ram and XP PRO x64 and I also run it on a lap top with VISTA Intel Core2 Duo.

Hope this helps, ScottAC

Also try the demo as well.

Thanks guys.

I've had a license for it since version 4 I think. I have really just used it on and off mostly but not for a while of late.

I recently got a quad core, so I was just curious about it's efficiency on a multi core system.

I have access to the beta 8.5, so maybe I'll give that a spin later.

abstractcats wrote:
audiobot202 wrote:Just as the title says.

I've been using FL Studio since FL 7 and it works great(mostly)for me I started with a PC with Core 2duo and I'am now running an AMD quad core with 4 gig ram and XP PRO x64 and I also run it on a lap top with VISTA Intel Core2 Duo.

Hope this helps, ScottAC
Are you saying that it has had multi core support since V 7?

I always thought Gol was suspicious of multi core stuff and didn't really want to implement it in FLS....maybe I'm wrong on this.

FL7 and 8 had multi-core support for generators, but FL9 has multi-core for both generators and mixer effects. The FL8.5 beta has both generator and mixer multi-core enabled.

The multi-core support seems to work as advertised in the 8.5 beta, but I haven't really stress tested it yet.

audiobot202 wrote: Are you saying that it has had multi core support since V 7?

I always thought Gol was suspicious of multi core stuff and didn't really want to implement it in FLS....maybe I'm wrong on this.
I don't know if multi core support is built/coded in, I just know I have few problems running FL on my PCs I do get crashes on my x64 system but that may be the OS and not FL but since I'm a registered customer/user I can ask a support member, I'll post here as soon as I can, hope this helps, ScottAC

audiobot202 wrote:Thanks guys.

I've had a license for it since version 4 I think. I have really just used it on and off mostly but not for a while of late.

I recently got a quad core, so I was just curious about it's efficiency on a multi core system.

The Lifetime Upgrade for FL is $30 I think. I bought it last year, the update that is.

abstractcats wrote:
audiobot202 wrote: Are you saying that it has had multi core support since V 7?

I don't know if multi core support is built/coded in, I just know I have few problems running FL on my PCs I do get crashes on my x64 system but that may be the OS and not FL but since I'm a registered customer/user I can ask a support member, I'll post here as soon as I can, hope this helps, ScottAC
Cool. Thanks for that.
I run Vista64 here as well.

abstractcats wrote:
audiobot202 wrote:Thanks guys.

The Lifetime Upgrade for FL is $30 I think. I bought it last year, the update that is.
I have the Producer Edition and have always had the lifetime upgrades. Have they changed policy or something?

audiobot202 wrote: I have the Producer Edition and have always had the lifetime upgrades. Have they changed policy or something?
Life time updates are $29 for boxed versions but FL bought via the download updates are free. I'm a boxed version customer :(... I own PE XXL.

Also ! I just got this from thee FL support forum:

"FL8 and soon to be released FL9 have improved on the Multi-core CPU support"

well, FL 8 studio uses ~10 threads but currently it doesn't really take any advantage of multi-core system. on my intel dual core [ 2x 1.77 Ghz ], audio starts to stutter at 100% load of 1st CPU and at 30% of 2nd :x. ain't that a b!!ch?

i hope fl 9 will do better :?: :?: :?:

I've use FL 8.5 latest beta quite a bit and it seems more stable than some other companies public releases! From what I can tell it has pretty extensive multi-core support as a lot of places there is options to turn it off for particular aspects of the app. I haven't actually tested how well it's utilizing the CPU's cores but it seems like it's definately going multi-threaded where possible.

ZChris wrote:I've use FL 8.5 latest beta quite a bit and it seems more stable than some other companies public releases! From what I can tell it has pretty extensive multi-core support as a lot of places there is options to turn it off for particular aspects of the app. I haven't actually tested how well it's utilizing the CPU's cores but it seems like it's definately going multi-threaded where possible.

Using the 8.5 beta here and a few times I looked at the cpu meter I was surprised to see it at 35% and not up around 50/55 like it had been in FL8 (note: I haven't gone back to FL8 to test and verify this).
To me it looks like a significant improvement...Plus, Waves Gtr Solo works in the 8.5 but not 8.
By the way wouldn't it be great if you could drag an audio clip/cut to a new track in the playlist and it was assigned a new mixer channel/track?
Or as someone else said before , 3 band eq in the sample channel.Even one would be great to cut off low end in samples. :oops: :x :P
:)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”