Digital Performer 8 Goes Windows!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

Sorry to bump this thread but, as it seems now that DP8 for Windows will be available next spring, I am really becoming interested about it, as Cubase 7 is a true frustration...

So, just wanted to know, from already DP licence owners if the following Cubase equivalent features are already available in DP7 (or will be in DP8), as the manuals are not accessible online :

- A 'Retrospective record' feature, which allows you to retrieve a fair amount of MIDI events played, even if you haven't hit previously the 'Record' button,
- An 'Input transformer' equivalent, which allows you to shift incoming MIDI data in real time, by doing math/logical operations on it,
- A 'Musical/Linear' timebase switch : truely useful to set the tempo of a freely recorded improvisation,
- 'Generic remote' equivalent, allowing you set MIDI CC messages as host and/or plug-ins controllers,
- A VST integration of external instruments,
- Customizable key commands,
- Input tracks, allowing you to apply effects as inserts to the signal recorded.

The first four ones are the main reasons for sticking to Cubase since several years. So, they are close to mandatory for me.

Thanks for any information... :)
AMD R7 3700X/Asus Prime X470-Pro/32Gb/W10Pro(64)/RME Fireface UCX+ADA8200
Cubase Pro 10.5.20/EmulatorX3 and several other VSTis
VMK-188+/Akai MPD32/Akai ME-30P/05-RW,D-110,TX-802/pre MIDI stuff...

Bump...

Any DP osers ? :shrug:
AMD R7 3700X/Asus Prime X470-Pro/32Gb/W10Pro(64)/RME Fireface UCX+ADA8200
Cubase Pro 10.5.20/EmulatorX3 and several other VSTis
VMK-188+/Akai MPD32/Akai ME-30P/05-RW,D-110,TX-802/pre MIDI stuff...

DP 8.02 has been released!
For Mac and Windows,with demos ;-)
2012 Mac Pro,3.46 Ghz,12 core 96g ,Mojave,RME, DP11.01, Logic 10.51,RME UCX, Great River ME-1NV, a few microphones,Spectrasonics, U-he Komplete12U & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, UAD,Mimic Pro/SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata ....

I'm excited about this finally being released. You have no idea.

I don't need a new host, but I used to use DP8 for some things, and it holds a special place in my heart, lol. You know I'm going to try it, and then figure out how in the heck to afford it.

Brent
My host is better than your host

koolkeys wrote:I'm excited about this finally being released. You have no idea.

I don't need a new host, but I used to use DP8 for some things, and it holds a special place in my heart, lol. You know I'm going to try it, and then figure out how in the heck to afford it.

Brent

If you were ever a registered DP user you qualify for the $195 upgrade,if not MOTU also has crossgrade pricing (not sure of the price)if you're a registered user of another qualifying DAW.
2012 Mac Pro,3.46 Ghz,12 core 96g ,Mojave,RME, DP11.01, Logic 10.51,RME UCX, Great River ME-1NV, a few microphones,Spectrasonics, U-he Komplete12U & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, UAD,Mimic Pro/SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata ....

I'll have to go for the crossgrade upgrade if I do end up trying to get it. That's $395. Still better than $500, but still.

When I used DP in the past, it was in a studio that I did work in. The copy was not my personal copy, but a studio copy. So I don't have it to upgrade from, unfortunately.

Brent
My host is better than your host

WOW, demos! That's actually REALLY cool. Er, I'm going to exhaust what I have first but that is a really big deal!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”