Logic Pro X

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

aMUSEd wrote:I hope you can turn that off, I hate snapping. If I want a transport bar in a certain place I click on I don't want it to jump to the nearest time division, I want it where I put it.
Looks like the mouse selection always snaps to the closest visible subdivision (it depends on the zoom you're using in the arrangement). I don't know if this can be changed with some menu option, but as far as I remember this is the standard behaviour in other DAWs like Live or DP.

To disable snap click on the note or region, then press and hold the Ctrl key. Dragging the object is now free.

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

rob_lee wrote:Hi all, I just ordered Komplete 9 this morning (not ultimate) didn't see the point as i don't need all the stuff but i'm looking for a good fast hard drive to store the Komplete library on. I ask cause i'll be using it on my MBP which only has a 256ssd so i was thinking to get either an external thunderbolt drive or a fast USB3.0 drive.
Does your Macbook have USB3? Then it only depends on the use you want to make of Komplete. If you think you're going to stream large amounts of samples from the Komplete library, then a fast disk, preferably SSD, is advisable. If you got Komplete mainly for the plugins, and use the occasional sample, any disk will do.

My MPB didn't have an SSD, but I replaced the optical drive with one. In your case, that might also be an option.

FLWrd wrote:
rob_lee wrote:Hi all, I just ordered Komplete 9 this morning (not ultimate) didn't see the point as i don't need all the stuff but i'm looking for a good fast hard drive to store the Komplete library on. I ask cause i'll be using it on my MBP which only has a 256ssd so i was thinking to get either an external thunderbolt drive or a fast USB3.0 drive.
Does your Macbook have USB3? Then it only depends on the use you want to make of Komplete. If you think you're going to stream large amounts of samples from the Komplete library, then a fast disk, preferably SSD, is advisable. If you got Komplete mainly for the plugins, and use the occasional sample, any disk will do.

My MPB didn't have an SSD, but I replaced the optical drive with one. In your case, that might also be an option.
Hi mate the Macbook is the early 2013 version has x2 usb3.0 and a couple of Thunderbolt slots i can see here.

Thanks for the tip :-)

Rob

Aaaaaaaaaaaand the first update is a fact. You can download Logic 10.0.1.

ZenPunkHippy wrote:To disable snap click on the note or region, then press and hold the Ctrl key. Dragging the object is now free.

Peace,
Andy.
Yes, usually it works following the snap mode selected in the arrange window. With Ctrl key you move in smaller subdivision depending on zoom settings and Cntrl+Shift let you always move in ticks for very precise positioning.

10.01 is out...

Awww FL beat me.... :hihi:

Downloading :-)

Open image in new tab if interested to see fixes

OK I am probably going to get this but it looks like all the sample libs are new so another 35 GIGS - can I install them easily on my external USB drive?

aMUSEd wrote:OK I am probably going to get this but it looks like all the sample libs are new so another 35 GIGS - can I install them easily on my external USB drive?
I haven't installed all of them yet but there is some nice new content there mate. Will download the rest later.. I'm debating on a 64gb iPad now lol.. Pfff this is costing but i want that Logic Controller up and running haha.

Rob

OT

If i have the iPad and have the Korg Electribe/Rebirth etc can i record stuff and dump the files in Logic later if i'm out and about? Just curious as i'm all new to these little devices. iTunes have a nice MS20 and stuff so if i can record audio would be great.

Cheers

Rob

aMUSEd wrote:OK I am probably going to get this but it looks like all the sample libs are new so another 35 GIGS - can I install them easily on my external USB drive?
Trying to find them on my hard drive - where on Earth are they kept? I seem to have a bunch of Apple loops I can browse in Logic but there's no way to show them in Finder and I haven't a clue where the factory samples were installed.

aMUSEd wrote:
Trying to find them on my hard drive - where on Earth are they kept? I seem to have a bunch of Apple loops I can browse in Logic but there's no way to show them in Finder and I haven't a clue where the factory samples were installed.
Mine are in: Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Apple Loops/

Then all the folders

Rob

Ok found them thanks - actually looks like Logic 9 just came with a few GIGS of samples files - not so much. is there a list of what's new in terms of content?

aMUSEd wrote:Ok found them thanks
Great :-)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”