So, I installed Mac OS Sierra ...

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

* If you try this, please make a backup first. *

I installed the BETA GM release candidate of Mac OS Sierra, and the results are surprisingly good.

I just did an in-place upgrade over the most recent version of El Capitan, after making a full backup of course.

Issue 1: I have the UA Apollo Quad Thunderbolt, and I had to disable System Integrity Protection to get my Apollo working again. Easy fix.

iLok, Waves, and the NI Service Center ( I'm still on Komplete Ultimate 8 ) are working properly for me.

Cubase 8.5 Pro is working better than it did under El Capitan. Performance is better, and I have not been experiencing the graphic related performance issues I had under El Capitan.

Sierra might just be the best Mac OS in a long time.

I'll keep updating this thread with any issues I find as I go. So far, no issues except with the UA Apollo drivers not working.

* If you try this, please make a backup first. *
Bitwig Certified Trainer

The official release is on september 20 (in 9 days) for Sierra... I would at least wait for it before installing it.

In my case i will probably try to wait one year before updating...

I wait until Apple bother me to update because of the next big Logic update requires it.

I think when this Mac eventually dies I am going back to Windows...my nerves can't take any more of their updates and waiting to see what gets broken this time.

The only thing I've noticed that's broken in Sierra is Plugin Alliance stuff. Only Indent passes AU validation in Logic 9. The free bundle, Opto Pedal and DeVerb all fail.
Image Image Image Image

i've been reading over at PT forums that sierra is the most amazing mac os since snow leopard and then mavericks.. Can't wait.. i might even zero day this one, which i have never done

Well, after ElCap and Pro Tools fiasco it better be a good one

jacqueslacouth wrote:I think when this Mac eventually dies I am going back to Windows...my nerves can't take any more of their updates and waiting to see what gets broken this time.
With Win10 I don't think you'll see any difference. Microsoft has secretly been taken over by Apple. :(

Ayorinde wrote:
jacqueslacouth wrote:I think when this Mac eventually dies I am going back to Windows...my nerves can't take any more of their updates and waiting to see what gets broken this time.
With Win10 I don't think you'll see any difference. Microsoft has secretly been taken over by Apple. :(
What did break for you?

Sure reads like I might update early for the first time:

http://cdm.link/2016/09/real-apple-news ... xed-month/
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

I don't understand why Mac still don't have that kind of feature in Finder :

Jolaff wrote:I don't understand why Mac still don't have that kind of feature in Finder :

Why? Just cmd-n for a second finder window.

I also think that stuff like that rather clutters the window, when you can easily have that, when you need it, by opening two windows. Or get a file commander like Total Commander (no idea if something similar exists on Mac), to have that view by default, when you really do massive file transfer operations. But then, don't we all use sync apps for that by now?

Robert Randolph wrote: Why? Just cmd-n for a second finder window.
Because it's more efficient than doing cmd-n + placing windows side by side with "Spectacle app".

Is there a shortcut that place the Finder windows that is on top and the one just under side by side that I don't know?

I guess this is why Linux implemented it.

chk071 wrote:I also think that stuff like that rather clutters the window.
It's not something that you HAVE TO use. It's something you CAN use.
chk071 wrote:I also think that stuff like that rather clutters the window, when you can easily have that, when you need it, by opening two windows. Or get a file commander like Total Commander (no idea if something similar exists on Mac), to have that view by default, when you really do massive file transfer operations. But then, don't we all use sync apps for that by now?
I guess I work a different way with my computer because I often move files from one folder to another. A wav I created to another folder, a file I downloaded to another folder, something I quickly put on my desktop to another... etc...

Have you ever used a mac? Because managing windows on a mac is not as quick as on Windows.... this is probably the thing that annoyed me the most when I switched from Win to Mac... now thanx to the third party app "Spectacle".

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”