Cubase 9 coming in December according to Guitar Center

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Pro 13

koolkeys wrote:
InLight-Tone wrote:Rumor is there will be a docked window thing at the bottom that can house the mixer, piano roll etc., similar to Sonar, S1 etc...
Where did you hear this? I ask because it is one of my only interface requests for Cubase, and I know others want it as well. The Cubase interface is awesome in most ways, but needs a few more tweaks, like dockable windows, to be perfect.

As somebody who just jumped back into Cubase with Cubase Pro 8.5 (last owned version 5 or 6, can't remember for sure), I'm pretty excited to see what they do with version 9. Their last 4 or 5 releases have been in early December, so I assumed it would be coming. Now just gotta wait a month to see for sure.

Brent
I can't really say, but I trust where I heard it from. My biggest request as well, hope they integrate that floating transport as well, but I think the window consolidation seems to be going one piece at a a time, so maybe Cubase 10?!?
"and the Word was Sound..."
https://www.youtube.com/user/InLightTone

so maybe Cubase 10?!?
Surely you mean Cubase X?!? :D

Googly Smythe wrote:
so maybe Cubase 10?!?
Surely you mean Cubase X?!? :D
Must you Xersize?
When in Rome ...

chk071 wrote:How much is the update for users of the Pro version 8.5? 49 €, as if you updated from 8 to 8.5?
EDIT: The 49 Euros point update price includes the VAT /EDIT. Good thing is that I can still keep my Cubase current buy paying only that every two years. Thats the only way its worth it with all the rare fixes and the paid point upgrades. :party:
Last edited by ZINO on Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

found this in german Music Store catalogue that was in the mail today
my music:
soundcloud.com/septimon-band
blend.io/septimon

seems they worked on the audio engine: "performance boost, more instruments, more tracks, shorter loading time."
and also the window problem was adressed apparently: "enhanced window handling in windows".
my music:
blend.io/septimon

ZINO wrote:
chk071 wrote:How much is the update for users of the Pro version 8.5? 49 €, as if you updated from 8 to 8.5?
+the local VAT... Some years before I could swear that it was included to the 49 price. Not the case any more... Good thing is that I can still keep my Cubase current buy paying only ~60 every two years. Thats the only way its worth it with all the rare fixes and the paid point upgrades. :party:
Frankly, i think that's a bargain considering that one point upgrade even featured 2 new synthesizers.

Septimon wrote:seems they worked on the audio engine: "performance boost, more instruments, more tracks, shorter loading time."
and also the window problem was adressed apparently: "enhanced window handling in windows".
Honestly, that feature list doesn't list any new features. Those were all improvements from Cubase Pro 8. See the "Top 10 reasons" box on this page:

http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/cu ... ase_8.html

So they may be selling Cubase 9 in that magazine, but they certainly aren't exposing any of the new features just yet.

Brent
My host is better than your host

chk071 wrote:
ZINO wrote:
+the local VAT... Some years before I could swear that it was included to the 49 price. Not the case any more... Good thing is that I can still keep my Cubase current buy paying only ~60 every two years. Thats the only way its worth it with all the rare fixes and the paid point upgrades. :party:
Frankly, i think that's a bargain considering that one point upgrade even featured 2 new synthesizers.
Whatever works for everyone.... I franlky believe that 200 euros every couple of years (full + point updates) is totally NOT worth it. If I didn't have this grace period "window" trick, perhaps I would use something else now like studio one or whatever...

koolkeys wrote:
Septimon wrote:seems they worked on the audio engine: "performance boost, more instruments, more tracks, shorter loading time."
Honestly, that feature list doesn't list any new features. Those were all improvements from Cubase Pro 8. See the "Top 10 reasons" box on this page:

http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/cu ... ase_8.html

So they may be selling Cubase 9 in that magazine, but they certainly aren't exposing any of the new features just yet.

Brent
whoops, you are right, still it's a proof that it's round the corner.
my music:
blend.io/septimon

Septimon wrote:Image

found this in german Music Store catalogue that was in the mail today
I would imagine that this is one of those pre-order things. Not actually downloadable or anything.

Oh yeah, and registration is irrelevant - it is activation via the eLicenser software that matters. Activation downloads your license to your dongle/hdd. Registration does nothing.

Googly Smythe wrote:Oh yeah, and registration is irrelevant - it is activation via the eLicenser software that matters. Activation downloads your license to your dongle/hdd. Registration does nothing.
someone else says just the opposite. hmmm... wonder what the truth is.

igoramos wrote:
Googly Smythe wrote:Oh yeah, and registration is irrelevant - it is activation via the eLicenser software that matters. Activation downloads your license to your dongle/hdd. Registration does nothing.
someone else says just the opposite. hmmm... wonder what the truth is.
Trust me, activation via the eLicenser is what matters. It's only this that allows Cubase to work.

Here's a link to a similar topic - scroll down a bit and get it from the house's mouth...

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=466619&start=30

Edit:
I just noticed that you actually asked the same question there. And got an answer!
Last edited by Googly Smythe on Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”