How do I unlock my LogicPro audio files?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I seem to find myself with the problem that all audio files I have recorded in the last (unknown) sessions are locked. The result if this is that I cannot alter the waveform in anyway; if I select Gain from the Functions menu change value, I get a

"This audio file cannot be changed! Volume or file is locked"

message, and any efforts to google the error are not fruitful :(

I just don't get and I can't fix it!
Got any ideas?

cheers :)

dunno modern logic but,
hex editor??
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

i actually did a laugh at that, thank you

yeah, i could cat the headers of known locked and unlocked files, do a compare to look for the similarities.. ahfakit i'm just gonna re-sing the parts a bit louder
why the sky isn't there a 'unlock this file you nincompoop' slider on my keyboard

i felt like a douche for saying it :) but given the # of responses, prolly worth saying.

in the 90's some time i called emagic's help line,

45 minute wait,

called their business office to complain,

secretary told me,

"the way to think of it is to be glad we don't charge you to hold"

i thought it must be a good job, to tell people the way to think of things :)
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

weeelll, it's better than a thread where I only talk to myself.. not something I'm unfamiliar with

isn't it great when someone tells you how to think?
i mostly feel blessed with enlightenment; how can I have been so sorely misguided?! :borg:

i should be grateful it doesn't cost me to ask for help here.
with this level of support I'd probably cancel my subscription.

so NOBODY who uses Logic has EVER had this problem before?
flabberghasted :pray:

CinningBao wrote:so NOBODY who uses Logic has EVER had this problem before?
flabberghasted :pray:
Something about it sounds familiar, like it might have happened to me in some distant past. Can't be sure, nor can I remember how i might have solved it had it happened. Other than that, have you checked whether it is locked at the hard-drive level?

Also, you might have more luck asking over at logicprohelp :tu:

thanks el-bo - yeah, I found an old thread in reddit/r/logic_studio which should help but it's just got me asking more questions (more about why I don't know the manual from cover to cover) but, yes, logicprohelp is next on my list :)

CinningBao wrote:thanks el-bo - yeah, I found an old thread in reddit/r/logic_studio which should help but it's just got me asking more questions (more about why I don't know the manual from cover to cover) but, yes, logicprohelp is next on my list :)
Cool! Let us know how it works out :tu:

Hey There - did you find a solution to this? It happened to me after doing some Flex Pitch work on an audio file, then after that it wouldn't let me change the gain for any wave forms, coming up with the same message. Although, it was letting me do that before Flex editing so it could be something to do with that.

I haven't figured out how to unlock it - I found a work around, which was bouncing the region in place, but that's not ideal as it meant I had to print my flex editing into the bounce, so going back on any of that work isn't an easy option.

If you figured how to unlock the file please share if you have time, many thanks! It's frustrating as I rarely get stumped by Logic as it's usually intuitive! But sometimes it throws up a puzzle!

Did you check file permissions of those files in Finder? There might be something garbled...

Hi Dan,

Yeah, sorry, I didn't find a definitive way to unlock the locked files; I'm pretty sure I ended up just re-singing it in the end, but I did end up doing a bip initially just to get me back to where I needed to be.

There is, no immediate fix.

Could you not have turned off Flex time for that channel/region, bip'd, and re-done your FlexPitch? I probably would have opted for that in your situation.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”