Good DAW To Use & Stick To?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Cubase Pro 13 REAPER Serum Studio One Professional

Well, hope everyone would bare me on this one, I use Ableton Live & I really enjoying using it cuz I can create my drums & loops very fast & for it's smooth Arrangement/Session view switching, I don't need to right click & view a hidden window (you know what I mean, that fl studio stuff).

Now I'm thinking of buying A DAW & there's that epic deal on Studio One Professional, should I get it & start learning it or will this have me fooled? & I should Stick with ableton!

& what's your opinions on "Cubase? & which of Ableton / Cubase should I invest my money on?
mod edit wrote:KvR does not in any way shape or form support cracked software or the discussion of it
Thanks.

Buy Studio One then you will have 2 great DAWs....that's my opinion.

Demo first then decide. :wink:

some questions first
1.will you be working with midi mostly or audio
2.future plans ... where are you thinking to work??
3.you current condition (student or may be part time music making guy....??)

other than that
best looking and easy to use daw
0.5.FL studio
1.cubase
1.5.ableton
2.presonus
3.mutools
4.mixbus
5.Reaper(most awaful UI and hardest learning curve ever)<<---(but still owe that shit till now and love it dont know why)

dont crack softwares man demo versions are made for that reason to review and try
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

If you just looking for somthing to do audio you should consider Reaper given its price.
Also S1 at that price is great. Never was my thing but it has a lot of Good features going for it.

But I must ask you. What version of live are you using and its there anything in live that's limiting you?
Because if your happy with live then why invest in somthing else. You might find it better to invest in VSTs for LIVE or Push or somthing to that extent to improve your experience.

Also don't pirate.
It just hurts the developers And puts you at risk, Not to mention its morally wrong.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Spencer Maddox wrote:If you just looking for somthing to do audio you should consider Reaper given its price.
Also S1 at that price is great. Never was my thing but it has a lot of Good features going for it.

But I must ask you. What version of live are you using and its there anything in live that's limiting you?
Because if your happy with live then why invest in somthing else. You might find it better to invest in VSTs for LIVE or Push or somthing to that extent to improve your experience.

Also don't pirate.
It just hurts the developers And puts you at risk, Not to mention its morally wrong.
I got Ableton Live lite + won a copy of Xfer Serum a month ago, & Actually loving it & thinking of buying the live version, so It's an option too

Apratim wrote:some questions first
1.will you be working with midi mostly or audio
2.future plans ... where are you thinking to work??
3.you current condition (student or may be part time music making guy....??)

other than that
best looking and easy to use daw
0.5.FL studio
1.cubase
1.5.ableton
2.presonus
3.mutools
4.mixbus
5.Reaper(most awaful UI and hardest learning curve ever)<<---(but still owe that shit till now and love it dont know why)

dont crack softwares man demo versions are made for that reason to review and try
1- I'll be producing music might add some vocals
2- Produce more music [Trance/House] & expecting to mix & host a radio show
3- Civil Engineer but working currently as Social Media & Promotions Manager & thinking of making music a path in my life :)

If I have enough money I'd go with Ableton> Cubase > FL Studio > Studio One & maybe oneday Pro Tools HD

If you like that lite Ableton, then it's easy to pick Live or demo Bitwig which is similar but gives deeper tools for modulations, samples and midi.

Reason 10 is a great tool too, all-in-box that you don't need to buy anything unless you want to (supports vst's too so u can use your Serum).

You could upgrade to Live 9 Suite now, and get Live 10 free ... if you're happy using Live. Its been my one and only DAW for the last 10 years.

thecontrolcentre wrote:You could upgrade to Live 9 Suite now, and get Live 10 free ... if you're happy using Live. Its been my one and only DAW for the last 10 years.
Thinking of that :) Although I'll be spending like 519 $ (9200 EGPs here in Egypt) whitch is a load of money here :/

Lots of great deals on right now! Studio One is a great DAW and easier to use IMO than Cubase, but Cubase has perhaps more depth (certainly better Midi) and is something of an industry Standard. I like the look of Cubase 9.5 (its starting to look more like Studio 1!) so it ,may be worth waiting for the 9.5 demo, you get a full 30 days normally (and they also do good gross-grade deals)

As was mentioned, Bitwig is a bit like a cross between S1/Logic and Live, so may be a good stepping stone top linear DAWS, its very easy to use but has massive depth due to the modulators in the rack (which you will already be familiar with) - 299USD at the moment and it comes with some cool content- again, give it a spin, there is a full demo.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

AhmedHeikal wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:You could upgrade to Live 9 Suite now, and get Live 10 free ... if you're happy using Live. Its been my one and only DAW for the last 10 years.
Thinking of that :) Although I'll be spending like 519 $ (9200 EGPs here in Egypt) whitch is a load of money here :/
Yeah, Live is quite pricey, but for me its the perfect DAW. It does everything I need, and makes creating music a joy. I would hate to have to start learning something new.

AhmedHeikal wrote:
Spencer Maddox wrote:If you just looking for somthing to do audio you should consider Reaper given its price.

Also don't pirate.
I got Ableton Live lite + won a copy of Xfer Serum a month ago, & Actually loving it & thinking of buying the live version, so It's an option too
if you are used to live by this time then invest in it as its not cheap or if you find that expensive then buy other daw which are cheap
namely
1.Reaper
2.mutools
3.mixcraft
4.waveform
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

AhmedHeikal wrote:
in india its way worse with
the orginal prize + tax + GST tax (any indian musician will know what a shithole GST is)

just my experience

For me it's Studio One. Just upgraded to V3 Pro.

Also have Live 9 Suite, but never used it that much. Maybe if I buy a Push that will change...

AhmedHeikal wrote:
It is a lot of money everywhere, believe me! I wouldn't spend this money in one payment! So, you might take it step by step!
For me, I couldn't afford Cubase Pro (or full), so I started with Elements 6 then 7 then 8 then upgraded to Artist 8 then 8.5 then Pro then 9. Yes, it cost a lot but over 5 years or more who cares!

I also have Reaper 5 (will buy version 6 when out because I purchased version 4). I have FL Studio producer (with Sytrus and Maximus), and finally I have Live intro 9 (which has 16 tracks limit and 8 scenes). I use Reaper more than the others (except Cubase, which I can't replace!).

So, you can start with the Standard version of Live or Cubase Artist instead of the full versions. Those are very capable DAWs with reasonable prices and I don't think you would miss something essential!

FL Studio Producer is a great choice and very fast to come up with something! It is almost complete package with top notch effects, EQ and compressor.

If you don't mind spend some time learning a powerful DAW, then invest in Reaper. You will need your 3rd party instruments/synths, but the essential DAW is there (for both Midi and audio). For $60 it is the best value for money you can find. It is also has the friendliest copy protection with very small file size. If you want to add to it some tools, then I suggest ToneBoosters Track Essentials for 20 euro https://www.toneboosters.com/tb_trackessentials_v3.html I have this one and use its EQ/Compressor especially in Reaper.

Synths? Well, there are great free ones and CM issue for $5 has also killer synths and effects ;)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”