|Price (MSRP)||$60 / $225|
|Type / Tags|
|Copy Protection||Serial Number|
REAPER (Rapid Environment for Audio Prototyping and Efficient Recording) is designed for the recording, arrangement, editing, mixing and rendering of audio.
- Support for an unlimited number of audio tracks.
- Audio tracks are all fully routable (multiple inputs, outputs).
- Volume, pan controls and envelopes per track.
- Supports audio processing plug-ins (DirectX, DXi, VST, VSTi, and Jesusonic) with automation, easy chain manipulation and editing.
- Pitch shifting and time stretching.
- Fast, reasonable and usable Windows-style UI, working well on both low and high resolutions or multiple monitors.
- ASIO, Kernel Streaming, WaveOut, and DirectSound support for playback and recording.
- Reads WAV, OGG, MP3 and MIDI files, records WAV and MIDI files.
- Can render to WAV, OGG, MP3 if lame is installed.
- Full SMP support (can utilize 2 or more processors).
- Multi-layer undo/redo support.
- User creatable color themes.
- Unlimited send/receives per track, with configurable parameters (pre-fx, post-fx, volume/pan adjustment/envelopes, mix to mono, phase, etc.).
- Any track can act as a bus, for routing flexibility.
- Tracks can have one or more (mono or stereo) hardware sends, for analog mixing capability.
- Fully routable/FX-able folder tracks that can contain group tracks.
- Item grouping.
- Ripple editing.
- Grid/snap support with configurable options.
- Unlimited takes per media item.
- Auto punch-in/punch-out functionality.
- Automatic record monitoring modes.
- Selection length granularity options as well as grid snapping.
- Tempo envelope (for grid lines/snapping/ruler), play-speed envelope.
- Project consolidation/export options (for rendering all or parts of any number of tracks to WAV, etc.).
- A UI and architecture that allows you to easily cut loops of many tracks simultaneously, without having to write them to disk.
- Support for plug-in generated media (such as click tracks, etc.).
- Project tempo envelopes for variable tempos in track, grid/snapping that supports variable tempos.
- 64-bit floating point sample pipeline for high quality.
- Advanced recording and monitoring options; examples:
- You can route multiple tracks (inputs and/or media items) into a bus, and record THAT mixed down version.
- You can record the input signal, or record the post-FX, post-track-render signal.
- You can switch recording sources on the fly, even while recording.
- You can arm/disarm tracks' inputs while playing or recording.
- Human readable, human editable, backwards and forwards compatible project file format.
- Options to build peaks for recorded files on the fly.
- Lots of control for the user to specify where recorded files go, etc., when dealing with many projects.
- Template support to make it easy to load a project template and save it as a new project when you begin.
- Input/output channel name aliasing (why view your inputs as "MOTU 896: Analog 1" when you could have them be "Vocal Mic", etc.).
- Options for automatically backing up project files to alternate paths, time-stamped versions, etc.