Been using Guru for ages but need Ableton or Logic advice please

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks bud.. I came across this program after watching an interview with Duder. Guy has his hands on everything.

Before committing to any DAW, spend some time in the user forums researching gotchas. They all have them and you can't assume that just because they have this, this, and this, that they have that.

yeah, I was also a GURU freak for several years but moved on from it to Geist1 to Geist2 and find that a little overwhelming to work with. So many layers to this onion. Kinda miss just banging out some funky beats with the 'ol GURU.

best of luck
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

pdxindy wrote:
Hirosky wrote:Researching Bitwig now.. looks maybe a bit more streamlined for both 32 and 64 bit. Hmm....
Yeah, Bitwig natively supports both 32 and 64 bit plugins. Plus you can Sandbox the plugins, so if a plugin crashes, the project doesn't and you just re-enable the plugin.

I have not used GURU in ages... I have Geist 2 which is basically the successor to it. Depending on your monitor size, you might look at it... scalable GUI and resizable browser!
What the hell's bitwig got to do with anything? He asked about logic or ableton.
:x

Kinh wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
Hirosky wrote:Researching Bitwig now.. looks maybe a bit more streamlined for both 32 and 64 bit. Hmm....
Yeah, Bitwig natively supports both 32 and 64 bit plugins. Plus you can Sandbox the plugins, so if a plugin crashes, the project doesn't and you just re-enable the plugin.

I have not used GURU in ages... I have Geist 2 which is basically the successor to it. Depending on your monitor size, you might look at it... scalable GUI and resizable browser!
What the hell's bitwig got to do with anything? He asked about logic or ableton.

You just quoted the OP right there bringing up his interest in Bitwig. In fact, I believe he ended up buying it.

pdxindy wrote:
Kinh wrote:
pdxindy wrote:

You just quoted the OP right there bringing up his interest in Bitwig. In fact, I believe he ended up buying it.
yeah exactly. cause you jokers persuaded him and diverted his attention elsewhere. Now he'll miss the chance to use a daw with 10x more beat samples than geist2 (higher quality too) and more contented than any daw on the planet. if he's a beat creator which he says then ableton would've been the best bet, bitwig not. Ableton is a one stop shop. If he goes bitwig then he'll have to spend $$$ on a bunch of second rate samples or drop another 200 on geist just so he can make beats.
Nice going fellas :clap:

Bitwig is for the fashionably conscious (dont lie, I know you guys have bitwig t-shirts in your drawer). :lol:

Kinh wrote:If he goes bitwig then he'll have to spend $$$ on a bunch of second rate samples or drop another 200 on geist just so he can make beats.
Or he could keep using Guru because Bitwig can handle both 32 and 64 bit plugins... unlike Ableton Live...

Only someone who has some secret Bitwig envy would get so bent out of shape. Admit it, you're the one who wants the t-shirt! :lol:

pdxindy wrote:
Kinh wrote:If he goes bitwig then he'll have to spend $$$ on a bunch of second rate samples or drop another 200 on geist just so he can make beats.
Or he could keep using Guru because Bitwig can handle both 32 and 64 bit plugins... unlike Ableton Live...

Only someone who has some secret Bitwig envy would get so bent out of shape. Admit it, you're the one who wants the t-shirt! :lol:
You mean bitwig can do 32bit too? Wow! Well that sold me. Also you have a point, why use a vastly superior beat creator like Geist2 when you got an obsolete one in your arsenal. :clap:

Kinh wrote:
pdxindy wrote:

You mean bitwig can do 32bit too? Wow! Well that sold me. Also you have a point, why use a vastly superior beat creator like Geist2 when you got an obsolete one in your arsenal. :clap:
Uhhh... I think the OP can make their own decisions on these matters. And he said he was productive with Guru. As long as it is still functional, it is a good software.

And nobody is trying to sell you anything. If you prefer Live, then please use it. There is no problem here.

You can open 32 bit VST on 64 bit DAW of your choice or 64 bit VST on 32 bit DAW of your choice with j bridge...Or 32bit lives...
https://jstuff.wordpress.com

for mac:
https://www.soundradix.com/products/32-lives/

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”