The Ultimate Free Daw Colour Enhancer Utility

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Quick example....

https://youtu.be/yNB0mWgqOFs

This is a colour enhancement program for windows users, previously and currently provided vie the Presonus forums, you can download the smaller sized package from the attachment below. This is a free GNU based program...(it's safe and virus free btw).

The profile set is one I extended from the default 6 provided to over 400 profiles. ( + Additional Cover Artwork / Spectrum Screen / and Profile Listings - Shown vie the link below)

A video is here showing how it works.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... CrjolrG7Ow

Full Profile Listing Sheet
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:50 am, edited 4 times in total.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

For anyone unsure about this powerful utility in which to dynamically change the colour, vibrancy ect, you can learn about it's history of development here in how it's been extended over on the Presonus forum. Additional profiles were added when development started in 2015. One of the requests from the user community was more flexibility with colours in Studio One 3, and hence that was the catalyst to find a solution and make it better.

Any changes you make to your screen colours with this utility, are temporary and can be toggled off by it's icon and vie shortcut keys. No Operating system settings, or graphic card settings are changed. There is no installation required, just un-rar and drag the files to where you want to put it on your system.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Yeah yeah, we get it. Best invention since sliced bread 'n all..
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote:Yeah yeah, we get it. Best invention since sliced bread 'n all..
In terms of Windows colour customisation tools, it pretty much is. This set is the largest custom colour profile set of it's kind for Window users out there. Thus far, it's only been made available on the Presonus forum and here. If 416 different profiles are not enough, you can create your own, or tweak the ones provided to suit your own needs or strip down the config file to the ones you use regularly to calibrate your programs. It's particularly ideal for anyone using FLStudio for example, which has a dark GUI.

It looks intriguing, so I downloaded it. I may give it a whirl to see what it can do for the colors of Studio One (or even FL Studio 12). Thanks for sharing! :tu:
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

i do win+alt+f1-f10 but none of them work can 0nly do the negative scale

tonedef71 wrote:It looks intriguing, so I downloaded it. I may give it a whirl to see what it can do for the colors of Studio One (or even FL Studio 12). Thanks for sharing! :tu:
Thanks, it will take some time to check them all out, the top half of the set are more calibrated and with the hue wheel rotated from the normal RGB look so changes are more suitable for most things. Some of the inverse profiles are useful if you are working in bright sunlit rooms or doing DJ shows at music festivals or stage shows on laptops with software that doesn't have any universal colour control with the GUI. Bitwig is one program where this software really makes a big difference as there's no colour control (at least so far, unless that's changed recently).

The size and type of fonts used is one aspect where this application will work well or not, which is another reason of why there's two tone ( e.g .. M5 INV Light Blue Tint ) colour profiles also, that minimise any ghosting that may occur around text. So the quality of your results can vary. The vibrancy profiles at the very top can really make the colours pop out (levels for those work well at +1 or +2).
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lawramono wrote:i do win+alt+f1-f10 but none of them work can 0nly do the negative scale
You don't need to use that key combination, just run the Utility by double clicking on it, wait around 4 to 8 seconds for the program to load into memory and access the settings from the little gold square that pops up in the task bar. All profiles will be instantly available (watch the videos above to see how it works). :)

The the shortcut key to toggle the screen changes is ALT + Windows Key + N

Thought resurrecting this project might be fun just to see what version 4.0 of Studio One behaves like with it's new colour abilities and that of having a white GUI control system. I dunno... it would be interesting to see if it addresses the grayness that becomes apparent. And if the daw you have is limited colour wise and not Studio One, giving this a shot might be cool. Bitwig Studio is one example I can think of.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”