Bitwig 2.3 announcement

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pdxindy wrote:Bitwig 2.3 beta is available!!
Did you just wake up ;)
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
pdxindy wrote:Bitwig 2.3 beta is available!!
Did you just wake up ;)
About 4 hours ago... been exploring the beta for couple hours. :tu:

The Phase-4 synth is excellent! :party:

pdxindy wrote:If it were available, I would add a filter to FM-4
How would that be any different from putting a Ladder or Filter in FM-4's FX Slot? Or do you mean to have separate filters for each carrier and operator?
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote:
How would that be any different from putting a Ladder or Filter in FM-4's FX Slot?
Is the FX-slot per-voice? If not, that's what would be different.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
antic604 wrote:
How would that be any different from putting a Ladder or Filter in FM-4's FX Slot?
Oh, that's right. But I think some (all?) of the envelope modulators (4-Stage, ADSR, AHDSR) are per-voice, so you could add them to the filter in FX Slot.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

I hope their new phase synth doesn't suffer from the same misake they made with fm 4.
Where the modulator amount range ( and thus it's outgoing shape ) is internally clipped , when dialing in a big modulation range .
It's the same as whn you put an operator trough a clipper/dist . and then to the carrier = has a hug impact on the sound .
I adressed this one year ago , they didn't even bother answering .
viewtopic.php?p=6726702
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

whyterabbyt wrote:
antic604 wrote:
no, it isn't... and that is the difference

antic604 wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
antic604 wrote:
Oh, that's right. But I think some (all?) of the envelope modulators (4-Stage, ADSR, AHDSR) are per-voice, so you could add them to the filter in FX Slot.
Those modulators can be both mono or poly... but when used with the FX slot, will only be mono. You cannot add polyphony to a mono signal.

ARA please... when?

gentleclockdivider wrote:I hope their new phase synth doesn't suffer from the same misake they made with fm 4.
Where the modulator amount range ( and thus it's outgoing shape ) is internally clipped , when dialing in a big modulation range .
It's the same as whn you put an operator trough a clipper/dist . and then to the carrier = has a hug impact on the sound .
viewtopic.php?p=6726702
Is there an easy way to check that?

Regardless of this, Phase-4 sounds really good and is modulation heaven... every parameter can be modulated!

Oh, and Beta 2 is available

pdxindy wrote:
gentleclockdivider wrote:I hope their new phase synth doesn't suffer from the same misake they made with fm 4.
viewtopic.php?p=6726702
Yes there is , take any other fm synth and dial in a healthy fm amount .
Do the same on fm 4 , when going beyond a certain range /mod amount from modulator to carrier ...the range( mod amount ) is internally clipped .
I 'll quickly upload an audio file ... First part is just modulator- increasing output gain -->into carrier..
Second part is modulator --->increasing output gain --->clipper ---->carrier ...( the bitwig way ) .
Examples are made in reaktor .
I don't have bitwig installed anymore , so I can't perfectly replicate the clipping values , I remember doing it 1 year ago and it was spot on .

https://app.box.com/s/5qyns2wtdkx3389j26i54x7f1hnl8ce5
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
Yes there is , take any other fm synth and dial in a healthy fm amount .
Do the same on fm 4 , when going beyond a certain range /mod amount from modulator to carrier ...the range( mod amount ) is internally clipped .
Okay... I think I understand what you mean... my impression from a quick test of Phase-4 is that it is not doing what FM-4 does.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”