Cakewalk Sonar Platinum is now free!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SONAR SONAR Platinum SONAR X3 Producer

How big is the program download? Not the installer.....the program the installer installs.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Where in the world did you get this information from?
Their site have registration off, so nobody can register there any longer and you can not download anything from there.
Do you have any link to confirm this topic?

It's now called Cakewalk by Bandlab, and you can get it from here: https://cakewalk.bandlab.com/#the-update
Fernando (FMR)

Sry but i uninstalled bandlab and cakewalk by bandlab...

CbB does not support Eucon anymore...(Sonar did)....I cannot use my S3 and PTDock...so this software is useless...
Crapware... To download the Eucon x64 plugin isn´t possible, cause Bandlab disabled the registration... No way to post at the forum or to get addons from Sonar...

Kevinside wrote:Sry but i uninstalled bandlab and cakewalk by bandlab...

... cause Bandlab disabled the registration... No way to post at the forum or to get addons from Sonar...
The CW forum is still there with a 13 page thread (as of today) titled "Feature Requests & Improvements"...

Not sure what you mean by "Bandlab disabled the registration". I created a bandlab account weeks ago. I haven't used it yet, nor do I have Sonar currently installed on my system, but I can still access the forum and post there...

As far as the addons from Sonar... Sonar is a dead product, so of course, you can't buy addons for it. But you can make feature requests for Bandlab Cakewalk (See above).

As far as Eucon support, can't you keep using Sonar now?

flugel45 wrote:
Kevinside wrote:Sry but i uninstalled bandlab and cakewalk by bandlab...

... cause Bandlab disabled the registration... No way to post at the forum or to get addons from Sonar...
The CW forum is still there with a 13 page thread (as of today) titled "Feature Requests & Improvements"...

Not sure what you mean by "Bandlab disabled the registration". I created a bandlab account weeks ago. I haven't used it yet, nor do I have Sonar currently installed on my system, but I can still access the forum and post there...

As far as the addons from Sonar... Sonar is a dead product, so of course, you can't buy addons for it. But you can make feature requests for Bandlab Cakewalk (See above).

As far as Eucon support, can't you keep using Sonar now?
Unless you had a previous account, you can't...and thus it looks like a
way to stop new users complaining... (Registered Sonar users are really unaffected by all this)
Cakewalk Website Screenshot: Account Creation Disabled
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

The Intracer

You are right... Thats the message, i get if i try to register in the forum or to get access to Sonar downloads...
New Account Creation is disabled... As i said before... Eucon for S3 and Protools Dock or even the S6 was working in Sonar, but its not working with the Bandlab Version... Only Automap, Mackie is available....
And if i want to download the x64 eucon Plugin from Sonar, an account is needed, which is not possible, cause account creation is disabled...

I won´t go the freeware version of Sonar... No Eucon, big troubles with the vstscan affecting Ozone 8 Advanced and RX6
Then Ilok Plugins like MCDSP and Softube are crashing the vstscan... And at last East Wests Play 6 is not really working...

I did everything, what is suggested... Put out all problematic VSTs of the folder and rescan again... Put them in an extra folder and add it in the vst folder list and scan them...

Sry Cakewalk... I stopp, playing this game... Studio One, Samplitude and Cubase Pro have no problems with Waves,Mcdsp,Eastwest,Eventide,PSP audio and co... But Cakewalk is different...:-)

Kevinside wrote:The Intracer

You are right... Thats the message, i get if i try to register in the forum or to get access to Sonar downloads...
New Account Creation is disabled... As i said before... Eucon for S3 and Protools Dock or even the S6 was working in Sonar, but its not working with the Bandlab Version... Only Automap, Mackie is available....
And if i want to download the x64 eucon Plugin from Sonar, an account is needed, which is not possible, cause account creation is disabled...

I won´t go the freeware version of Sonar... No Eucon, big troubles with the vstscan affecting Ozone 8 Advanced and RX6
Then Ilok Plugins like MCDSP and Softube are crashing the vstscan... And at last East Wests Play 6 is not really working...

I did everything, what is suggested... Put out all problematic VSTs of the folder and rescan again... Put them in an extra folder and add it in the vst folder list and scan them...

Sry Cakewalk... I stopp, playing this game... Studio One, Samplitude and Cubase Pro have no problems with Waves,Mcdsp,Eastwest,Eventide,PSP audio and co... But Cakewalk is different...:-)
So just use the Sonar version that you already have.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote:
Kevinside wrote:The Intracer

So just use the Sonar version that you already have.
And by all accounts, if you have legit Sonar then you will have a Cakewalk account. If that is the case, try creating a BandLab account ... they are not the same thing and you need a BandLab account for Cakewalk.
Incidentally, the old Cakewalk Command Center still seems to be live.
Last edited by toonertik on Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Are the Cakewalk plugins in people's Bandlab accounts yet?

Sonar was already one of the big contenders in terms of commercial DAWs, so IMO it should be better that Tracktion. Then again I haven’t tested them so it’s just an opinion.

Now, what’s your opinion?

Btw, does this DAW come with a bridge for 32 bits VSTs?

how big is the download?
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

lukaskupasz wrote: Btw, does this DAW come with a bridge for 32 bits VSTs?
Yes.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

lukaskupasz wrote:Sonar was already one of the big contenders in terms of commercial DAWs, so IMO it should be better that Tracktion. Then again I haven’t tested them so it’s just an opinion.

Now, what’s your opinion?

Btw, does this DAW come with a bridge for 32 bits VSTs?
SONAR has a bridge, which allows it to run 32-bit plug-ins. It also runs DXi plug-ins (is one of the few that still does that, together with REAPER, AFAIK).

IMO it is way better and much more complete than Tracktion. I can't tell about the Bandlab version, since i didn't install it (currently iit doesn't justify to have it, since it doesn't offer anything new)
Fernando (FMR)

Scrubbing Monkeys wrote:how big is the download?
About 700MB. Without instruments.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”