Reason 10.1 free update ...

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reason 12

Yesterday I was looking at the new monitors and most of them are 4k 28" to 34". If I have or want to have such monitors, I wouldn't think of using Reason.

I really believe that this is number one challenge for Reason's popularity. Propellerhead should concentrate on upgrading the GUI size before anything else.

Currently I'm ok, although will avoid using the old devices, but my monitor is 4 years old and in one year I will buy another monitor. It's mostly will be 32" to 34" as I measured my space and can't fit bigger one.
So, it's logical to say from now that I will use what I can see ;)

Psuper wrote:I had a massive following on the props forums after I posted the mockups, among other popular posts before they destroyed their forums.
You did? What was your PUF name? :party:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote:
Psuper wrote:I had a massive following on the props forums after I posted the mockups, among other popular posts before they destroyed their forums.
good question!!!

i remember you having the Michigan licence plate for your avatar and with every update you would update the avatar... i.e. cross out the version number with the new one...

neverenoughfunk wrote: i remember you having the Michigan licence plate for your avatar and with every update you would update the avatar... i.e. cross out the version number with the new one...
Hahah! Yeah, I remember that. After a while, I'm like - eh - time for a new avatar. Lol!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnGee wrote:Yesterday I was looking at the new monitors and most of them are 4k 28" to 34". If I have or want to have such monitors, I wouldn't think of using Reason.

I really believe that this is number one challenge for Reason's popularity. Propellerhead should concentrate on upgrading the GUI size before anything else.
Here's a list of 27-29" monitors from newegg at 200-300 bucks https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductL ... 0601305587

There are over 500 monitors at 1080, and a small handful at 2k and 4k

You can play with the price/size numbers if want, but what do you suppose is the AVERAGE size/resolution/quality monitor in use?
If you opt to send usage statistics to Propellerhead, I wonder if monitor size/resolution info is included?

neverenoughfunk wrote:
EnochLight wrote:
good question!!!

i remember you having the Michigan licence plate for your avatar and with every update you would update the avatar... i.e. cross out the version number with the new one...
If you don't remember the thread, what makes you'd think you'd remember my username?

Search for the biggest GUI thread in the Feature Suggestion forum, good luck.
Have you tried Vital?

Nice job, Propellerhead. I like that I can just paint in hihats in a row in one swipe instead of double clicking each hit in sequencer. In the Prop video, they deleted every second hihat to get the hits at 1/8, but you can just swipe up and then change the speed of that lane to x0.5. Quick.
Using it also with scales and chords and note with synths is cool. Usually I have an idea already when using Reason, but the randomness of the output is sparking new ideas.
It would be nice to have an extra 8 patterns at the top in a future update tweak. There is room up there. But maybe I could throw in another DS in the meantime.

festeringheap wrote:
EnGee wrote:Yesterday I was looking at the new monitors and most of them are 4k 28" to 34". If I have or want to have such monitors, I wouldn't think of using Reason.

Here's a list of 27-29" monitors from newegg at 200-300 bucks https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductL ... 0601305587

There are over 500 monitors at 1080, and a small handful at 2k and 4k

You can play with the price/size numbers if want, but what do you suppose is the AVERAGE size/resolution/quality monitor in use?
If you opt to send usage statistics to Propellerhead, I wonder if monitor size/resolution info is included?
Ok thanks! But your link is not useful for me because I already have 27" monitor at 1080p and still have a problem with some Reason devices (like Thor). Secondly not all KVR members live in the US!

I have no idea what the average size in use today in the US and all over the world. All I know that the 2k and 4k are already in the market and replacing the HD/FHD monitors slowly. Propellerhead has to catch up soon or later!

Psuper wrote: If you don't remember the thread, what makes you'd think you'd remember my username?
Was just asking. :party:
Psuper wrote: Search for the biggest GUI thread in the Feature Suggestion forum, good luck.
At Reasontalk, or Propellerhead?

The free update ist great. I like the Drum-Sequencer for free a lot to. I love Reason and I never will switch back to another DAW.

I upgraded to Reason 9 last year, then saw people with free versions of Reason getting update to full Reason 10 last month or so for 99$. Then they get this for free, while previous long-time users need to upgrade once again at full upgrade price to get this. Pretty lame...

Try-Harder wrote:I upgraded to Reason 9 last year, then saw people with free versions of Reason getting update to full Reason 10 last month or so for 99$. Then they get this for free, while previous long-time users need to upgrade once again at full upgrade price to get this. Pretty lame...
Naaa. Everyone of the “free” versions of Reason came with hardware that was purchased. Also, the upgrade was briefly on sale for regular owners of Reason. Looks like you missed it.

Try-Harder wrote:I upgraded to Reason 9 last year, then saw people with free versions of Reason getting update to full Reason 10 last month or so for 99$. Then they get this for free, while previous long-time users need to upgrade once again at full upgrade price to get this. Pretty lame...
You will have to look at it from Propellerheads' view: You already bought Reason so here is not much reason to put any effort into this relationship anymore (no pun intended). Mission accomplished.

But there is hope. If you want something for free once in a while then you'll have to accept to be constantly flooded with "Buy extension XYZ and it will instantly turn you into a bearded hipster with a Macbook in a loft" ad mails or "See how product XYZ converted me into a bearded hipster with a Macbook in a loft" story mails. But hang on to it, once in while there seems to be a very time limited goodie hidden in these mails.

Don't think i'll ever get this "I feel mistreated" attitude when things go on sale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPVLyB0Yc6I

Not to mention that it's a GREAT thing to be able to consider yourself whether or not you buy the new, hot and shiny new thing, or wait for half a year, and get it for 50% off. I mean, really, how awesome can it get?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”