[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

let see what we have:
* Studio One logo in latest facebook (Good catch fedexnman)
* TV's are featured in every post.
* "You asked for it!"
* 80's is featured in several posts.
* Announced as "... exclusive online premiere event, where we'll announce our latest innovation—based on our most popular customer feedback."
* Some people in the know have said you will "F*ing love it"

Here are my current best guesses:

1) Midi editing revamp, including retrospective (hence '80's) record. This is something people have been asking for.
2) Wild *ss guess: New type of track: Video track, allows you to drop video clips in and crossfade them / sync with audio. (The TV's hint at this, but not sure what the 80's have to do with it. )
3) Jon Snow kills Daenerys
4) All of the above.

Now to wait until Tuesday to see how wrong I am!

Anything midi related is welcomed for sure.

DrEntropy wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 8:12 pm 3) Jon Snow kills Daenerys

Now to wait until Tuesday to see how wrong I am!
Tyrion Lannister kills Daenerys

Now to wait until Sunday night to see how wrong I am. :wink:
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

You know spandex was popular in the 80s ( maybe a stretch E pants tool ) or Warp type of tool , will just call this the Nacho Libre features , Midi was an 80s thing , retrospect record 80s are definitely retro .... Music video's too hmm ... And TV we got Golden Girls and Poltergeist hmmmmm ... Maybe we get a TV track ... Let's see CS80s ..... Gated Reverb gotta have one of those .... Florescent colors were 80s ... Hmmmm ...

fedexnman wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:57 pm Definitely StudioOne , S1s logo is different than Presonus. https://www.facebook.com/44626647633/po ... /?sfnsn=mo
:)

Thrilled to see what it is.

Studio One 4.5? But, what is it we asked for? I didn't ask for anything. :D

I've been waiting for a few things and if they only base new features on votes, it may be a long wait for some of them. Like multiple rulers. Only thing I can think of for 80s is retrospective record (and that is old because Logic had it from the get-go), but that doesn't have anything to do with TVs unless they are just using an old style TV for the effect. Curious for the surprise.

I really hope it's nothing related to the video functionality in Studio One, because i don't use that at all...

Yeah, especially if it bogs it down.

I remember right before the announcement stream of version 3.0, people were leaking images of 3.0 all over Instagram. A lot of successful producers were sharing glimpses of 3.0 on their feed. I guess Presonus told them to "leak" these photos as part of a marketing strategy.

Does anyone recall who was sharing these images on instagram? Maybe they're doing it again.

edit: also going to guess they're going to also announce a new tape/warble/noise plugin. Maybe even have it implemented into the mix fx engine.

80s - FM synth! To me the 80s in when stuff started to go digital?

I think this will be 4.5 and will offer a bunch of updates including retro record, a hardware instrument insert (like the fx one) and better ARA integration.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

^^^

I am all for "better ARA integration"
and
Anything to do with more midi features as in Cubase.

One definite new feature which was revealed at Superbooth and will not set the world alight is full integration for Nektar Panorama controller keyboards. It will be in the Nektar account on 21st May.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCmxzhWPZBY

That will set my world alight. I bought a Nektar Panorama P6 last year hoping this would eventually happen sometime in the future. Fingers crossed …

dbender wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:02 pm That will set my world alight. I bought a Nektar Panorama P6 last year hoping this would eventually happen sometime in the future. Fingers crossed …
Yes, I meant for those who do not have one - I own one as well, a P6. :)

He's running the current version in that video so that's likely not a new software feature, just better integration with Nektar with (I assume :shrug: ) a new External Device that takes advantage of it.

I mean, it's obviously working in 4.1.4 in that video.
Last edited by LawrenceF on Sat May 18, 2019 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”