Need beta testers for a new DAW

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Guys, I need more people to beta test my latest project, Wusik SQ200. There's a free BETA Demonstration on the product page, scroll down to see the links.

http://www.wusik.com/w/index.php/products/wusik-sq200

Any help is much appreciated! :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR15GWhEngg

Best Regards, WilliamK
Last edited by WilliamK on Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I have updated the online files with several fixes, as the initial ones were crashing. ;-)

http://www.wusik.com/wusik%20sq200/down ... A_Demo.zip

http://www.wusik.com/wusik%20sq200/down ... A_Demo.zip

Next week I will work on the audio tracks and also an installer for the program.

Cheers, WilliamK

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? :hihi:

No thanks.

Hello William,

I'm a bit confused even after checking out your video a couple times. I know you're building a traditional hardware sequencer on the computer, and while I'm intrigued and want to be interested, I'm having difficulty figuring out how I'd use it (not 'how' as in "read the manual", but 'how' as in "where would it be beneficial to my workflow").

I recorded plenty of songs on my Korg M1 sequencer back in the day, and would be interested in your thought process behind the SQ200, more of a short and sweet version of your vision, so I can better wrap my head around it.
Have you tried Vital?

Psuper wrote:I'm a bit confused even after checking out your video a couple times. I know you're building a traditional hardware sequencer on the computer, and while I'm intrigued and want to be interested, I'm having difficulty figuring out how I'd use it (not 'how' as in "read the manual", but 'how' as in "where would it be beneficial to my workflow").
Well, is one of those things that you need to try and check for yourself. ;-) I always loved my Ensoniq TS10 sequencer and my old MC50mkII, but they were very limited. So I started "cloning" my TS10 which resulted into the creating of Wusik Station, and now Wusik SQ200 is the result of "cloning" that sequencer with a mixture of the MC50 sequencer. But hey, its not for everyone. ;-)

Cheers, WilliamK

WilliamK wrote:
Psuper wrote:I'm a bit confused even after checking out your video a couple times. I know you're building a traditional hardware sequencer on the computer, and while I'm intrigued and want to be interested, I'm having difficulty figuring out how I'd use it (not 'how' as in "read the manual", but 'how' as in "where would it be beneficial to my workflow").
Well, is one of those things that you need to try and check for yourself. ;-) I always loved my Ensoniq TS10 sequencer and my old MC50mkII, but they were very limited. So I started "cloning" my TS10 which resulted into the creating of Wusik Station, and now Wusik SQ200 is the result of "cloning" that sequencer with a mixture of the MC50 sequencer. But hey, its not for everyone. ;-)

Cheers, WilliamK
I loaded it up, had to reload it 3 times (2 bombs hitting the menu button) and wait for the 10 second demo countdown each time, and I'm pretty much out right at that point I hate needlessly wasting time.

However I eventually got it setup, takes forever just enabling ports etc. My pianoteq 6 sits on 'loading instrument, then seems to load but lost interest at that point - you have to help your testers if you want them to help you - cant be putting in 10 second 'wait' screens right at the beginning. Its in too early a state of beta I'll pass and hold judgement for a later date.

Just to avoid any speculation, my PC is killer, I know exactly what I'm doing tech-wise.
Have you tried Vital?

I'm sorry for the time delays. Serious testers I can give a link to the full app, I will PM you if you want to continue. ;-)

I will check your report and see what I find.

Best Regards, WilliamK

Wusik SQ200 BETA Changes

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 21 2018 - V0.9.0 BETA 58

- added led vu meters to the interface, with clipping indicator.
- added midi input and output led indicators to the interface.
- fixed the internal lcd vu meters as they were not showing stereo values correctly.

Cpu idling around 50/60 % ,without doing anything .
Crashed within a minute .

o.s. vista 32 bit .
Not really turned on by the gui ...but yeah it's still a beta .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Thanks. :cool:

Is that full screen? Can you try with the piano view hidden? What is your machine specs? And what were you doing when it crashed?

Cheers, WilliamK

Wusik SQ200 BETA Changes (Windows only for now)

Guys, please, when reporting something, don't forget to give me a basic idea of what was been done when the problem happend. :oops: This latest update fixes the high cpu usage in idle when using full-screen. If you are still experiencing something weird, please, let me know.

Thanks again for all the help! :hug:

--------------------------------------

May 22 2018 - V0.9.0 BETA 62

- added "loading" message when changing the compressor or limiter options and requiring it to load those out.
- the led vu meters on the right now act just like it should, showing semi values with semi brightness just like a led vu meter works.
- improved the piano-view, lcd and vu meters display refresh. using the full screen mode should work better now, using much less cpu.
- changed the base octave of the internal note editor so it shows correctly note octaves compared to the keyboard view.

----------------------

Full SCreen

I'm uploading a new set of windows files. The public demo beta now has a shorter timer. ;-)

Cheers, WilliamK

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”