---

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

Now, that's great news if you ask me (referring to FL 20.1 teasers)!
There is nothing wrong with adding an optional behavior for more linear traditional approach.
Definitely huge step forward IMHO.
It would be also great to utilize that empty space on track header in Playlist view with adding classic Mute/Solo buttons (and leaving current green on/off button) and volume slider/knob and mixer number selector like in pattern view.

Also audio clips editing inside Playlist view could use some improvement, like adding fades, warping marquee tool a la Ableton/Logic/S1 style of direct selection editing inside Playlist view.

There is so much space to improve FL to be near perfect DAW with best of both worlds (linear and non linear).
It has amazing creative possibilities it just needs a little bit of workflow improvement.
Keep up great job, Image-Line :)

BUg or not ?
fl stdio 20 : Recording in playlist /song view .set to cell mode ..notes are quantized to beats
Song mode has to be focused , it doesn't occur when pattern view /channel rack is focused
In fl studio 12 doing the same thing , notes are quantized to 16 th notes .

Steps to reproduce .
-song mode/playlist = focused ( pattern view/channel rack must be hidden )
-set to cell mode
-start recording some 16th notes from computer keyboard .
result = notes are quantized to beats

Do the same thing in fl studio 12 ; notes are qantized to 16 th

In other words ,cell mode behaves totally different when playlist is focused and recorded into .

Edit: seems that the bug is also present when directly recording into a pattern ( inside the pattern )
( in pattern mode ) when main snap is set to cell , pattern snap is set to step = everything is quantized to beats .
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Tue May 29, 2018 6:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Testing on MAC - weirdest behavior I've encountered. Using a MIDI FX /arp/seq (NORA) in Patcher - the notes arrive at the VSTi and play, but they are unpredictably 'choked' - that is to say, the gate will sometimes close early on some notes, altering their lengths. A series of 16th notes ends up with several stutters in it. Also FL can't open the GUI for Numerology in a useful way - it opens but is crippled / non-functional.

Any idea when Vocodex and other plugins will be ported to macOS?

I'm impressed with the pace of FL's development these days.

sjm wrote: I for one am happy that I no longer need to write my documents in WordPerfect. Sure, if that's your thing, go for it. The rest of us are probably happy that WYSIWYG is now a thing.
What was the last version of WordPerfect you used? It was WYSIWYG in all versions I used.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote:
sjm wrote: I for one am happy that I no longer need to write my documents in WordPerfect. Sure, if that's your thing, go for it. The rest of us are probably happy that WYSIWYG is now a thing.
What was the last version of WordPerfect you used? It was WYSIWYG in all versions I used.
Probably 5.1, the last stable MS-DOS version. It started being WYSIWYG at version 6, but the whole world chose MS-Word over WordPerfect (for Windows) by then. The transfers to Novell an Corel did not really help.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

I can't see the place(directory) of the sample in newer DirectWave GUI. Old GUI showed it beneath the waveform at SAMPLE tab. I have a hard time finding the place of the sample used in the patch ....

tooneba wrote:I can't see the place(directory) of the sample in newer DirectWave GUI. Old GUI showed it beneath the waveform at SAMPLE tab. I have a hard time finding the place of the sample used in the patch ....
Indeed, we'll see about adding this in a future update.

trancema wrote:Now, that's great news if you ask me (referring to FL 20.1 teasers)!
There is nothing wrong with adding an optional behavior for more linear traditional approach.
It would be also great to utilize that empty space on track header in Playlist view with adding classic Mute/Solo buttons (and leaving current green on/off button) and volume slider/knob and mixer number selector like in pattern view.

Also audio clips editing inside Playlist view could use some improvement, like adding fades, warping marquee tool a la Ableton/Logic/S1 style of direct selection editing inside Playlist view.

There is so much space to improve FL to be near perfect DAW with best of both worlds (linear and non linear).
It has amazing creative possibilities it just needs a little bit of workflow improvement.

Yup- I just tried V20 (hadn't used it since way back in single figures...) but I just cant seem to get on with it....coming from Studio One and even Bitwig it all just all seems 'disconected' to me, too many windows, docks and stuff like dancing angels which I realy didn't get! Simply recording a guitar track to edit was just, well, weird to me.... I am sure it is a supurb workflow for pattern based production, but I guess I am just too used to the 'clips' paradigm in Live/Bitwig for that type of production, I just didn't get it....I will keep re-visiting though as there is lots of bits of stuff in there to like, if Studio One hadnt added the pattern editor in V4 I may have been tempoted just for drum programming!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

reflex wrote:
tooneba wrote:I can't see the place(directory) of the sample in newer DirectWave GUI. Old GUI showed it beneath the waveform at SAMPLE tab. I have a hard time finding the place of the sample used in the patch ....
Indeed, we'll see about adding this in a future update.
Thanks for the fast response. That's good to hear.

SLiC wrote:
trancema wrote:Now, that's great news if you ask me (referring to FL 20.1 teasers)!

Yup- I just tried V20 (hadn't used it since way back in single figures...) but I just cant seem to get on with it....coming from Studio One and even Bitwig it all just all seems 'disconected' to me, too many windows, docks and stuff like dancing angels which I realy didn't get! Simply recording a guitar track to edit was just, well, weird to me.... I am sure it is a supurb workflow for pattern based production, but I guess I am just too used to the 'clips' paradigm in Live/Bitwig for that type of production, I just didn't get it....I will keep re-visiting though as there is lots of bits of stuff in there to like, if Studio One hadnt added the pattern editor in V4 I may have been tempoted just for drum programming!
yepp really should wait the "Channel Rack"less 20.1 workflow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY66Vl5088s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXRQBvy2ucY
then try again ...
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

xbitz wrote:yepp really should wait the "Channel Rack"less 20.1 workflow
then try again ...
FINALLY! After 20 years they finally get it that renaming everything 3 times is a horrible workflow. I'm definitely gonna try this out when it's released and then maybe my FL license will actually become useful to me 8)

But that plugin picker still looks dreadful :P

Reefius wrote:
xbitz wrote:yepp really should wait the "Channel Rack"less 20.1 workflow
then try again ...
FINALLY! After 20 years they finally get it that renaming everything 3 times is a horrible workflow. I'm definitely gonna try this out when it's released and then maybe my FL license will actually become useful to me 8)

But that plugin picker still looks dreadful :P
Yes, workflow looks to be a lot better from my point of view. Although I can still see a way to get rid of the left hand side window quite easily (but perhaps that is why I am currently on BWS/S1!!)

I also think the plug in picker is a bit pointless and hard takes longer to find things than a list (its like where's Wally) , Studio One 'picture' of any plug in you own in a 'list' view seems much more sensible and can be structured by type, vendor, most used etc - That said BWS has perhaps the fastest solution I have seen with the '+' pop up window for selection, not the prettiest, but by far the fastest as you can add chains of fx etc in one hit.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

^^^ yepp, at this moment the three main working areas (Channel Rack, Playlist editor, Mixer) have to be connected with custom presets (created a forum entry about them https://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic. ... 3#p1260653 )

each of them has own preset file which have to be edited by hand using same name based keys for filter groups, patterns and mixer tracks (video below)

so the latest -possible- workflow is this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgfCUWapy9o
entries in Channel Rack can't be looped independently ( a four bar length drum loop can't be played together with a 16 bar length other material inside the Channel Rack ) from each other, a dedicated performance view can solve this problem
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”