Cubase 10?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hivkorn wrote:i think it will never happen , cubase 9.5 is not cracked and the last cracked version was 5 , steinberg don't care if you need 1 usb port ...until the elicenser dongle will be totally done steinberg will not change the licence system.
Another DAW that hasn't been cracked since version 5 is Propellerhead Reason and that doesn't require a dongle. There is no technical reason they need the physical dongle, but they bought the company who makes them and it would look like a failure if they abandon it for their own software.

I'm still optimistic it will happen some day, it surely must be one of the top requests from both their current and potential future customers.

LeVzi wrote: I see it now, in the left hand inspector, but if you open the Inspector by clicking the e it opens inserts and sends for the MIDI track, and you cannot do it there, but doesnt matter I can on the other one.

They changed stupid things, for no reason really.
Yes, some things are Inspector only and they could open more options to add to track controls. I fiddled a bit and found some things like midi out selection right on track panel etc. The track controls dialog is really good and extensive - but still room for improvement. Protools allow inserts and sends right on track panel - why not Cubase. In a flash you see what is loaded on a track. Protools has two columns even you can show if needed.

I also like how Protools have current latency on each track available, as a rack section to have visible in mixer. You can see latency of plugins, and how much that track is delayed in playback as well as enter you own delay. Cubase has track delay, which is nice - but getting overview and control like PT would be swell. Especially doing late recordings in project and see that minimum total roundtrip latency.

Cubase could have midi sends in mixer as option as other sends etc. Mixer is where you get best overview of what is there, really. All inserts, all sends etc.

Project pool could very well hold all midi clips as well, but for some reason it does not count. Many daws exclude the midi and stuff it somewhere else out of sight. Totally illogical to me, as midi is such a large part of every project usually.

If Steinberg continue improve all these little things - it's enough for me to upgrade every time.

PeterP_swe wrote:
hivkorn wrote:i think it will never happen , cubase 9.5 is not cracked and the last cracked version was 5 , steinberg don't care if you need 1 usb port ...until the elicenser dongle will be totally done steinberg will not change the licence system.
Another DAW that hasn't been cracked since version 5 is Propellerhead Reason and that doesn't require a dongle. There is no technical reason they need the physical dongle, but they bought the company who makes them and it would look like a failure if they abandon it for their own software.

I'm still optimistic it will happen some day, it surely must be one of the top requests from both their current and potential future customers.
i understand your point of view , but honnestly , if cubase is not cracked since V5 it is because of the dongle...
i think reason was safe because in the previous version it do not allow VST , it force cracker to buy RE to enjoys fully the daw.
But now VST is allowed i ask to myself how much time before the cracked version will fall...
Maybe i 'm wrong ... or not...

Am daily praying for the early release Cubase 10, though we all know it'll be November / December. Most of my issues with 9 involve Multi-out instrument tracks when disabling/enabling and Track Archives, both of which are buggy as hell years after their debut, and make managing large projects and templates maddening. The best solution would be for Track Presets to get a major functionality update, where all routings, quick controls, colours, expression maps etc get recalled. And recalled reliably. If this happened, I'd sob for joy all the way through Christmas.

There are other improvements that would be welcome - stuff like reordering tracks in the mixer are just bizarre in their omission - but all else pales next to this for me.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote:There are other improvements that would be welcome - stuff like reordering tracks in the mixer are just bizarre in their omission - but all else pales next to this for me.
It can be done right? I feel like every time I need to do this, I struggle, then I eventually figure it out, then can never remember what I did.

The other just bizarre omission is the inability to easily convert a mono track to stereo and vice versa. You figure that'd be a few lines of code and a button on the GUI.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
noiseboyuk wrote:There are other improvements that would be welcome - stuff like reordering tracks in the mixer are just bizarre in their omission - but all else pales next to this for me.
It can be done right? I feel like every time I need to do this, I struggle, then I eventually figure it out, then can never remember what I did.

The other just bizarre omission is the inability to easily convert a mono track to stereo and vice versa. You figure that'd be a few lines of code and a button on the GUI.
Click - drag, it really shouldn't be any more complex than that. It's what happens as per the project window, and pretty much every other DAW.

Converting mono to stereo would be dead handy.

But again - both small beer next to those bug riddled Track Archives and multichannel disabled tracks. I'd happily pay the upgrade just for those to be fixed, and not a single new feature.
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Get rid of the tiny sliders. That's the only major thing in Cubase that drives me crazy. Trying to click precisely on those pencil line thin sliders to adjust. I usually accidentally click on the panning when I mean volume and zooming in/out becomes a chore haha

That and ARA support would be really nice...

Pro 24

noiseboyuk wrote:Am daily praying for the early release Cubase 10, though we all know it'll be November / December. Most of my issues with 9 involve Multi-out instrument tracks when disabling/enabling and Track Archives, both of which are buggy as hell years after their debut, and make managing large projects and templates maddening. The best solution would be for Track Presets to get a major functionality update, where all routings, quick controls, colours, expression maps etc get recalled. And recalled reliably. If this happened, I'd sob for joy all the way through Christmas.
Holy moly! On this issue thread on the Cubase forums https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewto ... 3&t=123873 - Kavinsky got the following reply:
Thanks for contacting the Steinberg Technical Support.
We are sorry for the delay, we are facing an unusual amount of requests.

Please note that the issue will be addressed in the next Cubase Update.

Regards,

Eric Chabane
Technical Support Representative"
That is beautiful news.
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote:
noiseboyuk wrote:Am daily praying for the early release Cubase 10, though we all know it'll be November / December. Most of my issues with 9 involve Multi-out instrument tracks when disabling/enabling and Track Archives, both of which are buggy as hell years after their debut, and make managing large projects and templates maddening. The best solution would be for Track Presets to get a major functionality update, where all routings, quick controls, colours, expression maps etc get recalled. And recalled reliably. If this happened, I'd sob for joy all the way through Christmas.
Holy moly! On this issue thread on the Cubase forums https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewto ... 3&t=123873 - Kavinsky got the following reply:
Thanks for contacting the Steinberg Technical Support.
We are sorry for the delay, we are facing an unusual amount of requests.

Please note that the issue will be addressed in the next Cubase Update.

Regards,

Eric Chabane
Technical Support Representative"
That is beautiful news.
My goodness - that was good news. :)
It's almost three years since I posted my ticket on it - which just disappeared in their system - no trace of it, other than my ticket no when posting.

There's gonna be a Cubase 10 this year??? but I just bought 9.5 Elements :cry:

anyways, what I really want is for Cubase to stop zooming out the c*** out of my projects whenever I re-open it.

I like Cubase very much.
Great sound engine, and the whole routing, inputs/outputs, sends etc is very intuitive and similar the the real world and real hardware. In logic, to my opinion, it's less intuitive and I find it frustrating.
What I want to see, is a new drum plugin :)
The GrooveAgent is too complex in my opinion. Good intentions but poor delivery. i've heard that GA5 is going to be totally different.

And yes. I hope that in the next big release they will get rid from that usb dongle. I've heard they working on that subject as well.

Mushy Mushy wrote:Why? 9.5 is superb.

I know Steinberg are a business, I get that but it’s too early for 10.
A major release every year, a full numeber ever 2 years and a.5 the other year... math indicates this autumn its Cubase 10 time

Sjefke wrote:

A major release every year, a full numeber ever 2 years and a.5 the other year... math indicates this autumn its Cubase 10 time
I get that mathS indicates this, but that wasn’t my point.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote:
Sjefke wrote:

I get that mathS indicates this, but that wasn’t my point.
Why? Because there's room for improvement. See the feature requests in this very thread. Another reason? Because Steinberg is a business and needs to put out releases to bring in money, pay the bills, pay their staff, etc. 9.5 may be superb but no DAW can ever attain true perfection, so there will always be a steady stream of improvements.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”