FL Studio 20.5 | Introducing a new free plugin FLEX

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

THE INTRANCER wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:44 am There's one big thing that matters to me about DAW developers, and it's how they are able to accept criticism of the product they have or even that of the company. With companies like Presonus, you don't see developers posting and trying to defend any criticism they get. They listen, embrace it, and implement what needs to be done, and portray themselves as a professional company. You don't see them getting into silly arguments on public forums, and you don't see them making threads on KVR or Gearslutz either. Image Line, has been around for some 20 years, yet all I ever feel and see from them is, just a lack of self-confidence in their product and what people say about it...and are so quick to try and defend it as if there is something to defend.. and get embroiled in meaningless arguments about something irrelevant rather than the whole point of the topic as per earlier in this thread....It's like, I've just gone back 30 years to highschool all over again. It doesn't fill me with confidence about a product or to see a company or representative of a product do this...it just rings alarm bells..to what I might be thinking.
I feel exactly opposite. I like knowing that there are real humans with emotions on the other side, defending their product especially against silly trolls and people with no clue about anything. It gives me CONFIDENCE that the people behind the product actually care and that they feel it's their lifeblood and that they are proud of their product. It also shows that it's a boutique operation that hasn't been bought up by a big massive company like Avid or Native-Instruments.

I was always a big fan of Gol speaking his mind, even though I disagreed with him a lot. I was especially fond of him telling people "You are stupid" when they were clueless of the capabilities of Fruityloops. Heck I got called stupid a few times.. and had to agree with him once. :hihi:
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Liking people that are rude is an illness.

Quite honestly, I don't really care anymore because so many are so rude and abrasive. It's like the NFL network calling people "twitter trolls" for complaining about talking about the Cowboys too much. In this day and age it's just convenient to put up a wall, and call everyone who disagrees a "hater" ;)

I often wonder how they treat people that are repairmen or food service. They are most likely over-needy and easily don't understand the other side of the coin.

bmanic wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:58 pm
THE INTRANCER wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:44 am There's one big thing that matters to me about DAW developers, and it's how they are able to accept criticism of the product they have or even that of the company. With companies like Presonus, you don't see developers posting and trying to defend any criticism they get. They listen, embrace it, and implement what needs to be done, and portray themselves as a professional company. You don't see them getting into silly arguments on public forums, and you don't see them making threads on KVR or Gearslutz either. Image Line, has been around for some 20 years, yet all I ever feel and see from them is, just a lack of self-confidence in their product and what people say about it...and are so quick to try and defend it as if there is something to defend.. and get embroiled in meaningless arguments about something irrelevant rather than the whole point of the topic as per earlier in this thread....It's like, I've just gone back 30 years to highschool all over again. It doesn't fill me with confidence about a product or to see a company or representative of a product do this...it just rings alarm bells..to what I might be thinking.
I feel exactly opposite. I like knowing that there are real humans with emotions on the other side, defending their product especially against silly trolls and people with no clue about anything. It gives me CONFIDENCE that the people behind the product actually care and that they feel it's their lifeblood and that they are proud of their product. It also shows that it's a boutique operation that hasn't been bought up by a big massive company like Avid or Native-Instruments.

I was always a big fan of Gol speaking his mind, even though I disagreed with him a lot. I was especially fond of him telling people "You are stupid" when they were clueless of the capabilities of Fruityloops. Heck I got called stupid a few times.. and had to agree with him once. :hihi:
Indeed, this is a terrible advice, I would forgive him for his bad conclusion.

I hope he has heard at least of some words before:

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

I don't want to get philosophical or trying to put this in the same perspective, but if i see very wrong misinformation, manipulation of facts and exaggerations, it really puts me off.

Image Line is putting some good effort in FL and their goals are generous and comprehensive (even more now that gol is not there [with all respect] and is one of the most hated daw, a lot of hate that doesn't deserve.

People get offended by anything. That is the illness.

tooneba wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:44 pm People get offended by anything. That is the illness.
People should be offended by that bad attitude. What good does it do?

How do you define bad attitude?

Gol.

reggie1979 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:40 amGol.
So you basically gave up defining things rationally, and began to attach tag to someone's name.

Now this wants to be a philosophy lesson? :lol:

Man, this is crazy.

It's simple really. In my daily life when I want someone to do something for me I don't start by attacking them or giving them "constructive critisism". I open a dialog and ask nicely and try to keep the conversation at a good and constructive level. This is why when some people here (no names) at KVR start to complain, pointing out flaws in the products, etc, most developers would react badly or not at all. This doesn't lead to better products and it certainly will not lead to these people getting what they want. It's just human nature. This is also why when I see trash talk I don't see it as a genuine request for improved functions. Instead I see a person with a totally different agenda.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

So, how about that FL 20.5 and FLEX?

reggie1979 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:33 pm Liking people that are rude is an illness.
100% agreed. It seems to be one of those ego issues (especially on the web) where people not only act like they’re invulnerable, but also cozy up to jerks and assholes who are hostile and rude for no good reason. Sympathizers think cozying up to the bully will protect them and gain them influence and power.

No, it’s not “edgy” or “real” to be or to sympathize with jerks. And no, it’s not weakness to be offended by assholes. It’s actually the appropriate human social response to an antisocial member of the society. The instinct is to kick out those who damage the society, and for good reason.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

FLEX sounds nice in my ears. All though it's working more like a rompler it still have some ability to tweak the sounds. I do hope in the future that a editor will come and open up FLEX so that everyone can do their own sound design. I get the point that IL want to use FLEX as a way to generate some more income by selling sound packs for FLEX. The upgrade to FLS 20.5 was a step up for me. Plugin scan seems more stable for me than in previous versions of FLS.

I hope IL will make and sell some really nice bread and butter types of sound packs for different genres. All though i work with various types of music I often work with uplifting trance and psy trance. I would love to see some plucks, basses, pads, etc, suitable for trance.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:28 am Are you saying that the audio file in the video is abl3 ??
I took the project from zamrate and spend 10 minutes making some tweaks.

Green clip = ABL3 (yours)
Blue clip = Transistor Bass (live, my attempt to match the green audio
Red clip = Transistor Bass (your attempt to match the green audio)

https://youtu.be/xUyGJGZlhMs

So what did you do wrong? Its clear to me you made a mistake in programming, and complained Transistor Bass was nothing like another emulation. I say this because -

1. Your last note should have been a C6 in Transistor Bass but was a C5
2. It does not appear that you spent much effort tweaking Transistor Bass to match your "gold-standard".

I am fairly sure I could get closer to ABL3, and no they don't sound identical. But I would not expect them to. Why?

First, I am no Transistor Bass expert (I am a hack) and tweaked for 10 minutes fairly randomly on controls until they were close. Second, its always very difficult to match exactly another plugin when it is set as a standard without a project and any context (I have no idea how you made the audio presented). If you like I can upload some genuine TB-303 audio and you can try to match it, to see how difficult this is.

As I have mentioned on numerous occasions, if you care to upload genuine TB-303 audio, Transistor Bass can match it. That is all that matters here, not if it sounds like ABL3. Here's Transistor Bass vs a real TB-303. A real TB-303 was our standard, that's what we emulated and for only $79 USD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbZeZzwQwpA

For those complaining about knob scaling, well we decided to make Transistor Bass better, in some ways, than the original. The step sequencer is far more advanced, most synthesis controls can be further tweaked way beyond the original and it integrates perfectly with the FL Studio Piano roll. It was never intended to be a photocopy of a TB-303.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pFYx8QwkLI

Finally, lets not get wrapped around the axle here. Remember the whole point of all this software is to have fun and make music. I am sure Crowd Control wasn't obsessing about how 'authentic' his Transistor Bass sound was, instead he was creating this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oojYSlVU_3s
Last edited by Image-Line on Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Image-Line wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:46 am It was never intended to be a photocopy of a TB-303.
I believe that's the issue, because you're talking about it as one. If you'd stick with that "subtractive synth with 303 sound", there'd be no issues.
Since when "emulation" is mentioned, people expect those knobs to be where they're supposed to be 8)

Transistor Bass is a subtractive synthesizer in the style of the legendary Roland TB303™ Bassline synthesizer, but also enhances the concept by offering a number of tweaks not found in the original hardware, together with a guitar distortion, FX and a modern sequencer for fast editing of your bassline patterns.

Direct quote from https://www.image-line.com/plugins/Transistor+Bass/

So there's nothing to fight here people. Go home and make some music :hug:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”