FL Studio 20.5 | Introducing a new free plugin FLEX

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

ictools wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:09 pmThen I did a little research of their relevance in the audio world over at google trends. It makes more sense now why they are giving away free stuff to make their software package more appealing.
Lets dig a little deeper perhaps Edward.

The reason we can give away FLEX free, including about 2 years development is because we can. Not because we have to.

So by your logic, you agree we are outselling all our competitors now. Looks like we can keep the lights on for a while longer.
Last edited by Image-Line on Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

ictools wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:45 am It reminds me of those installers that force you to install things you don't really want or hide it with a tiny little check box you accidentally miss.
Yes Edward, hidden in plain sight. You spoiled our cunning plan. Drat! :)

https://www.image-line.com/downloads/fl ... nload.html

Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

I think, Edward is a never ending story... :hihi: :hyper:

Guys, make more expansion preset banks for Sytrus and Harmor. Maybe even layered presets for Patcher with cinematic pads/ edm leads etc.

anomandaris1 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:36 pm Guys, make more expansion preset banks for Sytrus and Harmor. Maybe even layered presets for Patcher with cinematic pads/ edm leads etc.
You just got 151 Sytrus presets, used them all-ready? :)

[deleted by user]
Last edited by quietzone on Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unaspected wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:26 am It would be nice to see install options in a future update so that we can choose which plugins will be installed and whether to install the sample packs or not - as some other DAWs do.

I love FL Studio but it is more bloated than it needs to be for my uses.
Exactly, it's a totally different mentality and approach when it comes to their packaging tactics.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:36 am Fl studio developers really don't care about addding new improvements to their existing plugins apart from vectorized guis and eye candy
The sampler channel still uses the filters from version 3.0 :lol: , there has been no development whatsoever to improve these
The new Flex plug suffers from the same thing , it's a collection of existing modules thrown together
I have to agree !00%, that's probably why most of us have moved on to other DAWs and Google trends clearly backs up this "theory".

I'm having a hard time believing that they're still receiving 30,000 downloads a day too. I think there needs to be an update to their web site that's boasting such a number for so many years, when Google trends clearly shows otherwise.

I think you two are a bit out of touch with reality. FL Studio is _the only_ DAW that I actually hear friends of my kids actually mention in school. I've never heard any kids or teens mention anything else. I think I might have once heard somebody ask something about Ableton live but FL studio is where it's at with the younger audience. Mostly because their heroes and idols are using it (or at least marketed as such).

It's also amusing to still see people think Image-Line are the "small guys".. the tiny company. They've been king of the hill for a ridiculously long time and nicely kept quiet about it all.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

No ictools, you're a hater as some others, FL Studio continue being relevant with: that's right, Lifetime Free Updates.

IL has improved a lot fl studio and is an all-around complete daw used for professional as hobbyists. I get it, the competition don't like what fl represent, is not convenient for them, but it is what it is deal with it.

Don't take my words for it, simply check out Google trends. Here are the results for Youtube video searches, which is a great indicator for the audio community.

There's no denying that huge drop off in interest, no personal vendetta or smoke and mirrors here.

What happened in 2018 that caused such a drop (for all hosts), just curious...

Wondered the same

JunSev wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:13 pm No ictools, you're a hater as some others, FL Studio continue being relevant with: that's right, Lifetime Free Updates.

IL has improved a lot fl studio and is an all-around complete daw used for professional as hobbyists. I get it, the competition don't like what fl represent, is not convenient for them, but it is what it is deal with it.
1+ :tu:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Totolitoto wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:32 pm What happened in 2018 that caused such a drop (for all hosts), just curious...
Great point, I had to investigate this a little further as there appears to be a bump for everyone during that time. Google trends seems to have made a data collection change on that date, so the numbers were actually inflated for everyone before that time. Which makes these graphs less then accurate.

8/5/2017 they made an improvement to their data collection system.

It still appears to be going down or flat lining, but not the steady increase before the system change.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”