Studio One Version 5.0 Predictions and Requests

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

chk071 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:00 pm Hopefully there'll be a new thread once v5 is out, so that it's about Studio One, and not the OP.
This one will be fine, totally safe from any op ego fu*ks. It just need the title changed to 'Studio One Version 5.0 Predictions and Requests through Release'.

Presonus could add a pattern based creation option to go with push and launchpad type integration, to join the likes of Bitwig, Fruityloops, Mixcraft and others who already do it, and though I prefer linear workflow, as long as it's use isn't mandatory or gets in the way, then I wouldn't complain.

But then they might as well just create a 100% pattern based daw, keeping all of the internal gubbins (which could still be updated for both versions at the same time), and sell that instead.

I'd be okay with either option.

Sonik31 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:39 pm Save in background please! 🙏
Studio One already has this feature, no? It's called Auto Save Documents and it's located in Preferences/Locations/User Data. You can determine how often it should auto save your session.

Ken

kenporter wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:20 am
Studio One already has this feature, no? It's called Auto Save Documents and it's located in Preferences/Locations/User Data. You can determine how often it should auto save your session.

Ken
It's in foreground and interrupts.If it is a heavy project it takes time and you have to wait for it to end to do anything. It mostly becomes a problem during recordings because it usually kicks in just before you want to puınch in :lol:

-clip launcher
-background bounce in place, background rendering (f.e. you can bounce something and continue with something else on other track)
-more options in audio engine (multiprocessor mode like compatible and aggressive, no. of threads , thread affinity...)
-advanced chord editor f.e. harmony progression mode
-spectral waveform editing
- plugin sandboxing !!!

ok i woke up and now the dream is over.. :hihi:

andypryce wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:10 am
kenporter wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:20 am

Ken
It's in foreground and interrupts.If it is a heavy project it takes time and you have to wait for it to end to do anything. It mostly becomes a problem during recordings because it usually kicks in just before you want to puınch in :lol:
That's really interesting. I never had the autosave glitch the audio in a session. My sessions must not be big enough. :) Thanks for clarifying!

Ken

I request the S1 v5 be released late May of this year.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:29 pm A clip launcher would be nice
+1
Who downvoted this? :nutter:

This will make it super easy to test different ideas and organize them. It's a great testing workflow before arranging anything:)

EnGee wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:10 am
gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:29 pm A clip launcher would be nice
+1
Some real musician :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

A tape-style repitch on the piano roll like... every other DAW I know of.

More midi FX plugins
I loved the realtime quantizer in Cubase
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

And instrument midi part volume handles, that follows the part like on the audio parts.
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

antic604 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:18 am
+1
What do you mean by "real musician"?! What this has to do with the clip launcher?!
Anyway, why someone wouldn't want a clip launcher in S1?!
If it is like in Bitwig, this would be a very welcomed feature that I doubt they can do it easily, but who knows! Presonus has surprised me with the pattern editor, chords and scales related additons ...etc. So, it is not unrealistic to request a clip launcher :)

The pattern editor is one of the finest implemented in any daw , polymeter and polyrytm capabilities (afaik only renoise comes close with it's phrase editor )
This combined with a clip launcher could really attract new users .
Associating clip aunchers with non musicicians is a pretty dumb thing to say
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

EnGee wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:19 am
antic604 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:18 am
+1
What do you mean by "real musician"?! What this has to do with the clip launcher?!
Anyway, why someone wouldn't want a clip launcher in S1?!
If it is like in Bitwig, this would be a very welcomed feature that I doubt they can do it easily, but who knows! Presonus has surprised me with the pattern editor, chords and scales related additons ...etc. So, it is not unrealistic to request a clip launcher :)
He is just teasing- antic uses Live and Bitwig :wink:

It's funny- people over on the Bitwig thread want all the features in S1, now the S1 people want the Bitwig/Live stuff- I am glad I have both S1 and Bitwig, supurb combination and I have it all 'now'.

I suspect it will be a very, very long wait for 1 DAW to be best in class for both 'live' on he fly arranging experimenting and in depth editing and mixing.....DP has just added it and Logic is also adding it, but we realy need to see if this is a 'bolt on' or a fully integrated environment letting you switch from one to the other and work in 'real time'.

meanwhile, back to the Bitwig feature request thread asking for 'S1' like comping, midi tools like S1 ARA 2 etc :wink:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”