Logic Pro 10.5 is out!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Logic Pro

I am not able to insert Logic native instruments except Drum designer
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

poshook wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:40 pm I am not able to insert Logic native instruments except Drum designer
If you haven't done so already maybe try deleting your Logic preferences.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

apoclypse wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:21 pm
poshook wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:40 pm I am not able to insert Logic native instruments except Drum designer
Did it, reboot and then clean install, did not fix that

poshook wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:22 pm
Is Essentials Sounds and Instruments checked on in the Library Manager? What does the Plugin Manager show for you? Does it have all the plugins listed?
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

apoclypse wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:25 pm
poshook wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:22 pm
Is Essentials Sounds and Instruments checked on in the Library Manager? What does the Plugin Manager show for you? Does it have all the plugins listed?
I am able to insert e.g. Quick sampler using library manager, but not able to directly insert within the mixer
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

What about Plugin Manager did you look through that. Make sure all the categories are still there.

Also looking the Library you don't seem to have any of the sounds downloaded. When I was talking about Library Manager I meant the Sound Library Manager. Make sure you have Essential Sounds and Instruments installed. You can click on the Logic menu and got to Sound Library > Download Essential Sounds.

apoclypse wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 6:41 pm What about Plugin Manager did you look through that. Make sure all the categories are still there.

Also looking the Library you don't seem to have any of the sounds downloaded. When I was talking about Library Manager I meant the Sound Library Manager. Make sure you have Essential Sounds and Instruments installed. You can click on the Logic menu and got to Sound Library > Download Essential Sounds.
OK, going to check. I have been working on Logic since 2000 but never faced this. I did not know that no sound library content means no native instrument. Most of the instruments are not a sample players. And I have for instance Quick sampler here loaded from recent project from yesterday. But nothin in dialog in instrument mixer
Thank you for advice, will confirm if helps.

Reinstallation of essential sounds/instruments did not help-

Have you tried deleting the cache? There might be something corrupted that is preventing things from loading correctly.

Forgotten wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 8:38 pm Have you tried deleting the cache? There might be something corrupted that is preventing things from loading correctly.
Yes, I deleted cache from preferences, all Logic related from Library folder under OSX and OSX/user.
Deleted Logic from app. Then reboot and download / install from Appstore as a clean installation, issue persists. Yesterday everything was fine

Did you delete both caches?

/Library/Caches

and

~/Library/Caches

yes

The only other thing I can think to suggest is try to get support on Apple's website.

Forgotten wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 8:50 pm The only other thing I can think to suggest is try to get support on Apple's website.
Yes, but it will take a months from my experience. PLugins are all working fine and visible in the list of plugins in mixer

It's never taken me months. If it's something that can be answered on chat they'll answer it, and when they can't I've had an email back in a day or two.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”