Studio One 5 Available Now (5.3 Out June 29th, 2021)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

Hoping they will fix the problem with Multiphonics AU being blocked soon

antic604 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:54 pm Disable loop following selection and see if it helps?
It didn't help, but thanks. I have toggled quite a few switches, but with no positive result.

Do you have the same lag?
Studio One Professional 5.4.1 • Win 11 • AMD Ryzen 5 3600 • Radeon RX 5700 • MSI B450 Mortar Max • 16 GB RAM • Audient iD22 + iD14

Metrik+ wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:51 am Do you have the same lag?
No :(
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Metrik+ wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:51 am
antic604 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:54 pm Disable loop following selection and see if it helps?
It didn't help, but thanks. I have toggled quite a few switches, but with no positive result.

Do you have the same lag?
Maybe it is because you have Win 11?

I don't have any lag on Win 10.

Guys I have a problem that drives me crazy since Studio One 5.3, when I click to Files tab in the browser, Studio One freezes for about 40-50 seconds like it tries to read the disks, but my disks are fast, my drumkit folder (which directly opens when I hit Files) is on a Samsung EVO SSD. After 50 seconds, it finally opens the folders I look for, and it doesn't happen for that project anymore until I restart Studio One.

I contacted support, they said it will be solved on 5.4 but it didn't solve it. They cannot do anything else about it because they cannot reproduce it. I try to open the same disk in Windows Explorer, FL Studio, Premiere Pro, Da Vinci Resolve and Illustrator, they open really fast. Only Studio One has this problem. Any suggestions?

antic604 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:22 am No :(
What's your OS, GFX card, CPU and Studio One version, please?
Studio One Professional 5.4.1 • Win 11 • AMD Ryzen 5 3600 • Radeon RX 5700 • MSI B450 Mortar Max • 16 GB RAM • Audient iD22 + iD14

Metrik+ wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:07 am
antic604 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:22 am No :(
What's your OS, GFX card, CPU and Studio One version, please?
Latest Win10, GTX 1050Ti (it's a laptop), i7-8750h and latest S1 Pro 5.4.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

I don't like company acquisitions, but here we go... :neutral: https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/produc ... lectronics

Be prepared to get road worn copies of Studio One for twice the normal price

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:17 pm Be prepared to get road worn copies of Studio One for twice the normal price
:hihi:
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Fornicras wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:28 am Guys I have a problem that drives me crazy since Studio One 5.3, when I click to Files tab in the browser, Studio One freezes for about 40-50 seconds like it tries to read the disks, but my disks are fast, my drumkit folder (which directly opens when I hit Files) is on a Samsung EVO SSD. After 50 seconds, it finally opens the folders I look for, and it doesn't happen for that project anymore until I restart Studio One.

I contacted support, they said it will be solved on 5.4 but it didn't solve it. They cannot do anything else about it because they cannot reproduce it. I try to open the same disk in Windows Explorer, FL Studio, Premiere Pro, Da Vinci Resolve and Illustrator, they open really fast. Only Studio One has this problem. Any suggestions?
I can confirm this but I don’t have any suggestions. Haven’t used S1 much since V5 because they introduced a lot of issues like this. After a year of not fixing them they seem to be considered the new normal.

Fornicras wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:28 am Guys I have a problem that drives me crazy since Studio One 5.3, when I click to Files tab in the browser, Studio One freezes for about 40-50 seconds like it tries to read the disks, but my disks are fast, my drumkit folder (which directly opens when I hit Files) is on a Samsung EVO SSD.
Only Studio One has this problem. Any suggestions?
A long shot, if you're on Windows, disable Windows search service (indexing). Update presets and FX option.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

oneway wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:47 pm
Fornicras wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:28 am Guys I have a problem that drives me crazy since Studio One 5.3, when I click to Files tab in the browser, Studio One freezes for about 40-50 seconds like it tries to read the disks, but my disks are fast, my drumkit folder (which directly opens when I hit Files) is on a Samsung EVO SSD. After 50 seconds, it finally opens the folders I look for, and it doesn't happen for that project anymore until I restart Studio One.

I can confirm this but I don’t have any suggestions. Haven’t used S1 much since V5 because they introduced a lot of issues like this. After a year of not fixing them they seem to be considered the new normal.
I've solved it right after writing this comment. It was because I had a disconnected network drive listed on my computer. I removed it and it worked. Turns out it was because Studio One was trying to index the drive which is not connected and it froze the application while doing it because it couldn't find anything.

Fornicras wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:25 pm
oneway wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:47 pm

I've solved it right after writing this comment. It was because I had a disconnected network drive listed on my computer. I removed it and it worked. Turns out it was because Studio One was trying to index the drive which is not connected and it froze the application while doing it because it couldn't find anything.
Kudos to you for determining the actual cause of the issue. It should be reported to PreSonus Support for the developers to fix, because Studio One should not freeze when a drive is unreachable; it could check to see if the drive is available before trying to scan its contents.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Metrik+ wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:08 pm I don't like company acquisitions, but here we go... :neutral: https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/produc ... lectronics
Never heard that anything good came out of such things I'm afraid. I sure hope they don't run PreSonus into the ground.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”