How's FL Studio 20?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ahha, so that's why :D https://www.ableton.com/en/live/ (Live 11 is coming in early 2021) and Cubase 11 will be here on tomorrow 11/11 ?
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

xbitz wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:39 am ^^^ :D
just create a channel filter group, drop a Patcher instance to a playlist track header, drop some instrument into Patcher route the instruments in it to different tracks and create a submix for them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkZ1Kh4792A
and done, definitely awkward compared to BWS for ex. but not bad at all
I mean you could also just not use the patcher, and create two identical patterns and route it the same. :P

^^^ without Patcher can't use the vfx plugins
VFX Color Mapper - Control up to 16 independent generators/instruments (or groups of generators) using the 16 note colors of the Piano roll.
VFX Envelope - Control up to 16 independent envelopes x Velocity, Pitch and Pan. Plus Mod X and Mod Y, using the 16 note colors of the Piano roll.
VFX Key Mapper - Note input can be transposed, made into a chord, key-changed or creatively remapped.
VFX Keyboard Splitter - Split the Piano roll or keyboard zones into 16 separate outputs.
VFX Level Scaler - Scale Note Properties as received from the Piano roll. .
ones

I have it. Don't use it since I met Live.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:05 am
xbitz wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:26 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:18 pm
lotus2035 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:16 pm
wuworld wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:24 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:19 pm All I can say is that FL Studio 21 (hopefully by Q2 next year) is going to be mind blowing.
What are they adding?
I'm curious too, all I know about is an upgraded EQ in the upcoming 20.8.
So far, the new stuff that is in the betas isn't that interesting, but recently teased features like glitch-free loading of plugins (already in 20.8 beta), merge automation clips and selectable playlist tracks are quite huge, at least for me. And this is just a start. I am expecting more exciting features in coming months. I have a good engagement on IL forums and have given tons of suggestions/requests which I always keep pushing for implementation.

When it comes to working quick, nothing can come close to FL Studio. It might not be the best for recording/mixing, but it has come a long way and there's lots to come in near future.
posted the poll yesterday, https://strawpoll.com/2jhzdb6gx/r about what's next it was started by IL,

- audio editing (plugins like NewTone, NewTime, Edison) will be integrated into the playlist editor
- track mode based workflow will be improved further (and further workflow enhancements)
- theming(skins)
- and surprises :D (like multi-track operations, it was demoed yesterday https://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic. ... 0#p1550890 )
Oh, so that's you. :D Didn't you post this a few months ago on Looptallk?

IIRC, I had voted for "Improved Playlist (Track header displays linked mixer track's controls)". :tu:
"Improved Audio Editing (Fades, In-Playlist warping/pitch correction etc)" would be my second vote.

It seems like we will get both in FL Studio 21. :pray:
--
It may not be evident to new users, but since 2015 we have really kicked up the pace of development. 21 will introduce some of the biggest workflow enhancements since...ever.

But before then. 20.8 is incoming.
- Scott https://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic. ... 0#p1553970

:party:

so theming/skinnig were confirmed

Yes, saw it yesterday. Great news! :) As I said before, FL Studio 21 will be mind blowing. I am eagerly waiting for it. My guess is it will be out by Q2 2021.

I just checked their 20.8 beta topic:
Merge Automation Clips - Selected Automation Clips can now be merged using the Playlist Edit menu.
That would be something!

FL Studio is great, the synths and plugins really sound very nice and the visuals are way better than in other daws, the original programmer "gol" surely was a very smart guy (and a game programmer).
They just need to fix the Playlist / Pattern workflow a bit, so you don't have to split patterns, but can just see the individual parts on individual Instrument tracks, so you can still use ghost channels and just make mute variations of a single pattern (sort of like renoise and other trackers).

Lot's of innovative effects and synths in there, also love the modular mixer and patcher. They're def. on the right track.

One important but often overlooked point about FL Studio in general: their staff is very good at communicating with customers and very service minded. As I obviously am not a customer at all the other companies that make DAWs, I won't state that the Image Line crew are the most friendly in the business but certainly among the friendliest.
Yes, gol was a abrasive character but he's gone.

It's great!

I've just used it on a job with a songwriter, just to put myself in a different mindset and loved it.
The synths and FX sound very snappy and in your face and the UI is fun to look at.
Also, for someone like me who's used to a standard DAW, the workflow feels like eating soup with a fork.
Still, the results speak for themselves. It sounds BANGING
He tried to play bass.
www.jordanbrown.co.uk

xbitz wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:08 am ahha, so that's why :D https://www.ableton.com/en/live/ (Live 11 is coming in early 2021) and Cubase 11 will be here on tomorrow 11/11 ?
Can you change multiple tracks to one color at the same time in FL?

^^^ sure (even with color transition), the problem adding the same plugin to multiple tracks at once(comes in 21 with multiple track selection https://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic. ... 0#p1554947 )

Baum wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:14 am One important but often overlooked point about FL Studio in general: their staff is very good at communicating with customers and very service minded. As I obviously am not a customer at all the other companies that make DAWs, I won't state that the Image Line crew are the most friendly in the business but certainly among the friendliest.
Yes, gol was a abrasive character but he's gone.
+1
Hate no communicating policy, it is so old school. Love how IL staff interact, answer, and tease upcoming features. Some DAW companies are hiding upcoming features like they have the formula for eternal life potion and want to keep it for themselves.
Why not communicate about a long standing FR and why it is taking so long or not considered or what areas are being worked on etc. Seems it is working for IL as FLS is one of the most popular DAWs around.

andypryce wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:59 pm +1
Hate no communicating policy, it is so old school. Love how IL staff interact, answer, and tease upcoming features. Some DAW companies are hiding upcoming features like they have the formula for eternal life potion and want to keep it for themselves.
Why not communicate about a long standing FR and why it is taking so long or not considered or what areas are being worked on etc. Seems it is working for IL as FLS is one of the most popular DAWs around.
I think this is part of the lifetime free updates. It doesn't really matter if they tease some features or not. Users will get them anyway for free.

Other DAWs where you pay for upgrades cannot really do that. There'll be a lot of backlash when some feature isn't in a free update but instead a paid upgrade. Those companies can never do the right thing. Some of their customers might be happy but there's always a vocal minority that will be unhappy.

IL has to keep the customers to buy other kinds of stuff from IL's shop the main product is the bait, like Sony with PS5, HP with printers etc. it's just a different startegy >> https://www.oohology.com/the-foundry/10 ... rug-dealer
1) “First Hit Is Always Free”
for a lifetime :party:

I like IL otherwise so no offense :)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”