I can't open the package installer for Reason 11 in Big Sur 11.3.1

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When I click on the installer package for Reason 11.3.9, I get this error message and can't find anything on the Propellerheads site about it or any mention googling:

"The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.installer.pagecontroller error -1.) Couldn’t open “Reason 11.pkg”."

Any ideas?

I tried another decompression software unzipper and now I get this:
Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 12.07.25 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Try downloading again? It doesn't happen often, but I have seen bad downloads of good files.

jonljacobi wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:38 pm Try downloading again? It doesn't happen often, but I have seen bad downloads of good files.
I've re-downloaded it 3 or 4 times. Once I hardwired to the internet and tried that. I have a very speedy connection too.

Ask Reason Studios. Sounds like a pirate file. :o
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

kovacs wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:48 pm Ask Reason Studios. Sounds like a pirate file. :o
Got a ticket going. Downloaded from my account on propellerheads site.

Holy crap. I found a workaround. I tried it on my wife's computer and it worked cause she didn't have any uncompressor set as default so it accessed Apples Archive Utility instead and it worked! Here what google turned up so you can find it if you are having the same issue:

"Archive Utility is a small app hidden in a system folder. To access Archive Utility on your Mac, go to /System/Library/CoreServices/Applications. Here you'll find Archive Utility."

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”