Reason 12 is here

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone know what the upgrade price is on JRR shop?

$114.81 with the forum discount

chk071 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:24 pm So you want to compare Reason with Studio One Artist, Live Intro, or Bitwig 8-Track next?

Cubase Pro is the one you should compare it to. :) That's the full Cubase. Like Reason is the full Reason, not Reason Lite or Reason Intro.
Does any of those cost anywhere near what Cubase Artist does? Do you honestly believe Cubase Artist is closer to a lite version than a typical standard version? Do you honestly believe that Cubase Pro equals others standard versions simply because there isn't a "higher" alternative? Ridiculous

Yes, I think that Cubase Pro is comparable to "standard" Reason.

chk071 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:19 pm Shows 349 € for Standard here... which is quite a bargain compared to what I think it used to go for.

Unless I'm completely wrong, which could well be...

Even 299 € for Standard, when I log in with my Live Lite license...
$450 USD for standard
$750 USD for suite.
Having lite what you're seeing is an upgrade price

I really was under the impression that it costs more. Might remember it badly.

maybe your brain adjusted for inflation and they didnt :P
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

:)

It was years ago I checked though, I remember. Or maybe I only remember the Suite price.

chk071 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:50 pm Yes, I think that Cubase Pro is comparable to "standard" Reason.
Alright man, if you're going to be like that :?

aMUSEd wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:43 pm $114.81 with the forum discount
Thanks!

I think if they were going to raise the price of the upgrade (which they have every right to do), it would have gone down better had they published the $129 upgrade price as an intro price when Reason 12 was announced, rather than letting the $129 price sit for a while as if nothing was going to change. With that being said, at $115 I will upgrade and think of this as another VST purchase. With high-res and the upgraded combinator, though, I can't see upgrading again for at least another couple of versions.

machine_spirit wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:26 am
chk071 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:50 pm Yes, I think that Cubase Pro is comparable to "standard" Reason.
Alright man, if you're going to be like that :?
Cubase Pro is Pro in every meaning of the name.
Reason is not and will never be, that’s why reasonstudios introduced Vst rack

EnochLight wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:08 pm
machine_spirit wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:50 pm a perpetual license of Reason now since it's the most expensive standard version available
Reason "standard" is pretty comparable to Ableton Live Suite IMHO
HaHa, you're delusional.

Ableton is a fully functional Daw, Reason isn't.
Win 10 with Ryzen 5950x, Bitwig 5, too many plugins, Novation Circuit Mono Station and now a lovely Waldorf Blofeld.

Have y'all noticed that this was the 1st announcement in a long time that no one signed under? Usually it was Mattias, sometimes the CEO or somebody else. This time - it's anonymous :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:39 am Have y'all noticed that this was the 1st announcement in a long time that no one signed under? Usually it was Mattias, sometimes the CEO or somebody else. This time - it's anonymous :)
yeah, it was the first thing i realized too!

BUT in the headline is a hint... namely the "crew" who is responsible for this blog post... :hihi:

PS: i know it's just the tag for the blog :roll:

Kypresso wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:57 am
EnochLight wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:08 pm
machine_spirit wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:50 pm a perpetual license of Reason now since it's the most expensive standard version available
Reason "standard" is pretty comparable to Ableton Live Suite IMHO
HaHa, you're delusional.

Ableton is a fully functional Daw, Reason isn't.
Live has no audio pitch quantise (no way to edit audio notes like Midi) which is a major omission for any DAW in 2021…Reason has more of the basic Essential DAW features like this in my opinion, but live has lots of less essential but fun arranging clip based tools…let’s face it, live only added comping this year, it hasn’t been quick to add standard DAW features….
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”