Does it convert the files?

Official support for: livelab.dk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does it convert the files to a Rex format?

no.

liveslice is intended to load wavs and slices them fast, easy and non-destructive in the vst itself (it's not standalone like recycle).
right now it only saves the wavs with the slice-markers along with the song and in fxbs, but it already imports acidized loops and soon also writes acidized loops.
rex-import is planned, so is export slices as single wavs+midi, but i don't know if it'll be exporting rex (don't know how about licences and stuff).

just check out the demo at http://www.liveslice.dk ;)

R.A.W. wrote:no.
rex-import is planned, so is export slices as single wavs+midi, but i don't know if it'll be exporting rex (don't know how about licences and stuff).

just check out the demo at http://www.liveslice.dk ;)
wave plus midi export would be even better than rex.

Thanks! Riley :hihi:

riley4reason wrote:wave plus midi export would be even better than rex.

tbh i have to say that i just had a look at the "todos and ideas list" and as i'm not the programmer (but a beta-tester) of liveslice i'm not sure if and when it will be implemented.. it'll be not too soon, but i don't mind that as liveslice itself has so much to offer that i can live without the export of single slices. ;)

R.A.W. wrote:
riley4reason wrote:wave plus midi export would be even better than rex.

tbh i have to say that i just had a look at the "todos and ideas list" and as i'm not the programmer (but a beta-tester) of liveslice i'm not sure if and when it will be implemented.. it'll be not too soon, but i don't mind that as liveslice itself has so much to offer that i can live without the export of single slices. ;)
I'll prolly by it anyway...I'm a VST junkie.
So, Let me go on...Like a blister in the sun.
Riley :help:

When you say slices and midi export you are talking about what conventional beatslicers do right? I mean just export the slices completely unmodified along with a midi file that plays them so they sound like they were never sliced?

That's quite simple really. and definately a planned update.

In the long run I hope to implement export of tracks and arrangements so that the attack, release, pitch, etc. parameters are processed before the slices are exported.
http://www.livelab.dk - slice up your life

Gotta say I'm not THAT fussed about rex exporting. REX and REX2 importing is a must I think, but exporting? Hmmm.. I'd never really need it.

What I'm liking about Liveslice is that you can switch wave files without losing any of the slice data or envelope data. I'm actually going to use it for my university compositions this year.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

Return to “Livelab.dk”