LS Bugs and Feature Requests

Official support for: livelab.dk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

LS is now integral into my live performance instrument - upon building it, here are some issues I have come across:

Bugs:

1) Locking a track: if you lock a track using the mouse the GUI is locked, and therefore tracks in the Arranger can not be edited using the mouse. However, if any MIDI controllers are mapped to the LS effect they will continue to affect LS tracks regardless is the track is locked or not. I find this really annoying - if the track is locked - nothing should happen to it until it is unlocked.

2) Audio Clicks and Pops: I use Audiomulch as my VST host - when recording audio into LS, there are clicks and pops present in the audio where the slices
are - if you set the number of slices to 1 or 0 there are no pops and clicks. But increasing the number of slicing relates to the amount of pops and
clicks in the audio.

Feature Requests:

1) Could the Lock Track and all Recording options (including normalise) buttons be MIDI contollable.

2) How about a scratch mode?

3) Stretch set, random and reset to be MIDI controllable

4) Implement fix for audio pops and clicks - does this happen in any other hosts?

I can provide instructions how to re-create these problems. Cheers Ohm, anxiously awaiting the next version of LS and Audiomulch.

PS - any chance of a quick LS update? Estimated date of next release?

MattyT wrote:LS is now integral into my live performance instrument - upon building it, here are some issues I have come across:

Bugs:

1) Locking a track: if you lock a track using the mouse the GUI is locked, and therefore tracks in the Arranger can not be edited using the mouse. However, if any MIDI controllers are mapped to the LS effect they will continue to affect LS tracks regardless is the track is locked or not. I find this really annoying - if the track is locked - nothing should happen to it until it is unlocked.
fixed
MattyT wrote:
2) Audio Clicks and Pops: I use Audiomulch as my VST host - when recording audio into LS, there are clicks and pops present in the audio where the slices
are - if you set the number of slices to 1 or 0 there are no pops and clicks. But increasing the number of slicing relates to the amount of pops and
clicks in the audio.
I have to disagree that this is a bug. The clicks happen because the default attack setting for events is zero - if this was not the case your sliced drum loops would sound dull. When you record something like your voice or an instrument, slice it up in 16 pieces and map to a track, each slice will be played back using this default envelope with zero attack and a short decay. You can increase the attack of all events to prevent clicks, but you'll have short audible gaps between slices.
If you want the loop to be played back without any slice artifacts, you need to play it back as a single slice.
If you want to manipulate the slices, just increase the attack, or in case the material you record is percussional, use the autoslice feature.
MattyT wrote:
Feature Requests:

1) Could the Lock Track and all Recording options (including normalise) buttons be MIDI contollable.
yes
MattyT wrote: 2) How about a scratch mode?
please elaborate - scratch events or? Wouldn't a separate "scratch" VST do the trick?
MattyT wrote: 3) Stretch set, random and reset to be MIDI controllable
absolutely
MattyT wrote:
I can provide instructions how to re-create these problems. Cheers Ohm, anxiously awaiting the next version of LS and Audiomulch.

PS - any chance of a quick LS update? Estimated date of next release?
I'll pick up on the bugs mentioned in the forum, then release a new beta within a week, depending on the feedback you should see a new release within a couple of weeks.
http://www.livelab.dk - slice up your life

ohm,

it's good to hear from you,

beta soon too :)
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Return to “Livelab.dk”