What is the best sounding DAW??

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The built in sampler could indeed sound different between DAWs. Better to use nothing but third party VSTs if you want to compare apples to apples.

"Spend time on any forum devoted to any Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) software or music production and you are guaranteed to see users making claims about the superior audio quality of this or that DAW application. Protagonists will say a given program is clearly and audibly superior to another. To be frank, that's just nonsense. Any DAW application that uses, at least, 32 Bit floating point calculations (and today, that's all software), will process audio without introducing unwanted distortions, frequency response alterations or any other effect that would be 'clearly audible' so as to influence opinion. This ability to process audio without making unintended, audible changes is called 'transparency'. From a transparency perspective all DAW software is created equal."

http://www.image-line.com/support/FLHel ... _audio.htm
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

The best sounding daw? Let me guess, probably a daw named "Very Pro Audio Masterpiece Programm", because u know the name defines the quality; *wink* *wink* It must have vintage knobs and faders from legendary ssl, neve consoles and yeah it has the automastering plugin - *cough* soundgoodizer *cough* inserted on the masterbuss by default, for instant overhyped sound; and yeah it must has Apple logo on it, u know every creative thing is only done with mac...

Wavetone wrote:The best sounding daw? Let me guess, probably a daw named "Very Pro Audio Masterpiece Programm", because u know the name defines the quality; *wink* *wink* It must have vintage knobs and faders from legendary ssl, neve consoles and yeah it has the automastering plugin - *cough* soundgoodizer *cough* inserted on the masterbuss by default, for instant overhyped sound; and yeah it must has Apple logo on it, u know every creative thing is only done with mac...
I used to use a Mac to make music, but it was so uncomfortable that I had to take it off. Made me sweat in the summer, too.

I prefer a nice wooden door. It has a satisfying thunk to it. Metal doors are too clanky imho, and tend to make me think of prisons. Why do you guys spell it like that btw? Is it like theatre v theater? :ud:
Last edited by thecontrolcentre on Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Double post somehow?
Last edited by thecontrolcentre on Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WTF :x
Last edited by thecontrolcentre on Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jbravo wrote:"Spend time on any forum devoted to any Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) software or music production and you are guaranteed to see users making claims about the superior audio quality of this or that DAW application. Protagonists will say a given program is clearly and audibly superior to another. To be frank, that's just nonsense. Any DAW application that uses, at least, 32 Bit floating point calculations (and today, that's all software), will process audio without introducing unwanted distortions, frequency response alterations or any other effect that would be 'clearly audible' so as to influence opinion. This ability to process audio without making unintended, audible changes is called 'transparency'. From a transparency perspective all DAW software is created equal."

http://www.image-line.com/support/FLHel ... _audio.htm
I wonder what makes a "sound engine" on synths the way it sounds though. As far as i can tell, apart from the obvious things, like anti-aliasing through oversampling, or oscillator sound, or filter character, there are certain things, like pitch modulation, which very much sound alike modulating the filter e.g. (or using FM), and certain synths seem to have a distinctive sounds, which seems to point at the way sound is created/the sound engine, or something. Wonder if it is totally different to the way sound is processed through a DAW, or if there are similarities. Synapse's synths definitely sound different than u-he's synths, or Tone2's synths, and i don't just mean the obvious differences in the character of the filter e.g. I mean that the sound engines simply sound different.

thecontrolcentre wrote:WTF :x
So this is how you get 20,000+ posts! :D

Googly Smythe wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:WTF :x
So this is how you get 20,000+ posts! :D
Lol ... automatic triple posting by the KVR bots sure gets your post count up. That, and being here for 12 years (?) :o

The best sounding DAW is also the only one which makes a noise:

Sonar.

dark water wrote:The best sounding DAW is also the only one which makes a noise:

Sonar.
:D

love reaper five.....done Cubase hated it
nothing will come of nothing......Willie Shakespeare

DubTurbo
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Best sound comes from golden midi cables...

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”