What is the best sounding DAW??

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If your mixes suck, it's 99% not the DAW, but you.
Prepaid trolls always try to shift the blame from the corporations to a user. You are warned!
samplitude is the best daw for me. To have studio like sound before asking questions on any audio forums in the internet please read the book by alex unlocking fx creative potential

solomute wrote:
If your mixes suck, it's 99% not the DAW, but you.
Prepaid trolls always try to shift the blame from the corporations to a user. You are warned!
Too late, I cashed already from Apple, Avid, Steinberg and Ableton. Now off to my new property, an island somewhere without internet, where my DAW sounds warmer, richer and more colorful

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Who cares about a corporative idiot having to seat at a pc and post some lies all the day long?
samplitude is the best daw for me. To have studio like sound before asking questions on any audio forums in the internet please read the book by alex unlocking fx creative potential

solomute wrote:
Who cares about a corporative idiot having to seat at a pc and post some lies all the day long?
You do :lol:

And me as well, I need to make a living by lying for corporations all day long, since Logic distorts more than DP9.5 :lol:

My head hurts from all the face-palming
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.

Pro's use any DAW they're comfortable with and get the resulte their after . Amateurs debate on kvr and truly believe there's a difference between DAW's. :dog:

This is the most huge lies that all Daws sound the same. They can't sound the same because they use different algos for summing up channels. And those algos try to avoid phase cancellation at different degrees of success. That's why you should choose the best one which is DP. As for pros they buy summators and analog mixers to avoid that problem in which case all daws can sound the same since mixing is done on external hardware.

solomute wrote:This is the most huge lies that all Daws sound the same. They can't sound the same because they use different algos for summing up channels. And those algos try to avoid phase cancellation at different degrees of success. That's why you should choose the best one which is DP. As for pros they buy summators and analog mixers to avoid that problem in which case all daws can sound the same since mixing is done on external hardware.
That's why I've always stuck with HammerHead Rhythm Station's MoonFish
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

What a utter BS. If DAWs would do some magic hidden math about phase cancellation, you wouldn't be able go out of phase for wide sounds. Neither could you copy the same signal, phase reverse and completely remove it.

But you're right, my analog super summator judgment day does some fluffy cross talk and noise, so my ITB mixes become warm and crunchy.

stardustmedia wrote:... my analog super summator judgment day does some fluffy cross talk and noise, so my ITB mixes become warm and crunchy.
:o :lol:

So, when your DAW sends the 150 stereo tracks of your project through the 150 individual outputs of your audio interface into the 300 mono channels of your analog mixer - how do you render your masterpiece to an mp3 file for iTunes?

Best sounding DAW? The one with the bestest prOduca ... ne'st pas? :P

solomute wrote:This is the most huge lies that all Daws sound the same. They can't sound the same because they use different algos for summing up channels. And those algos try to avoid phase cancellation at different degrees of success. That's why you should choose the best one which is DP. As for pros they buy summators and analog mixers to avoid that problem in which case all daws can sound the same since mixing is done on external hardware.
You know more than the developers of the DAW's then. https://www.image-line.com/support/FLHe ... _audio.htm

Googly Smythe wrote:So, when your DAW sends the 150 stereo tracks of your project through the 150 individual outputs of your audio interface into the 300 mono channels of your analog mixer - how do you render your masterpiece to an mp3 file for iTunes?
I first sample it with my Akai S3000XL (songs cannot go longer than 16 MB), save it on a SCSI-disc (Barracuda, 10k RPM, 10 GB space), play it back on C1 (sample root key C3, transposed -24), record it back thru the original 97 Soundblaster (to get that lovely Pentium4 internal soundcard zirp noise) connected via Thunderbolt to my Mac running Win98 on a VM. From there directly playing thru the IAC-bus into High Sierra, going out thru the HP-out into my Zune MP3 stick.

Et voilà, MP3. Piece of cake :lol:

PS: I don't hear any differences in DAWs this way :party:

stardustmedia wrote:
Googly Smythe wrote:So, when your DAW sends the 150 stereo tracks of your project through the 150 individual outputs of your audio interface into the 300 mono channels of your analog mixer - how do you render your masterpiece to an mp3 file for iTunes?
I first sample it with my Akai S3000XL (songs cannot go longer than 16 MB), save it on a SCSI-disc (Barracuda, 10k RPM, 10 GB space), play it back on C1 (sample root key C3, transposed -24), record it back thru the original 97 Soundblaster (to get that lovely Pentium4 internal soundcard zirp noise) connected via Thunderbolt to my Mac running Win98 on a VM. From there directly playing thru the IAC-bus into High Sierra, going out thru the HP-out into my Zune MP3 stick.

Et voilà, MP3. Piece of cake :lol:

PS: I don't hear any differences in DAWs this way :party:
:D
All DAWS do sound alike, except Harrison Mixbus, and that's only because it is designed to sound like an Harrison mixing desk.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”