Ample Guitar M Lite II - Midi making scratches instead of chords

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm trying to use the midi function to record some rhythm guitar. I have the toggle switch on for strumming. When I go to the keyboard, where I should hear chords, it is playing scratches. I cannot figure out how to get it to play the chords I want.

In Tracktion 7 I start a new midi track and the keyboard on track also just plays scratches.

How do I switch to hear the chords from the strum screen?

Thanks,

wc

My wild guess is that you're trying to play the thing from a note range where the so-called control keys (i.e. the ones that change the type of sound that plays etc., assuming there are ones for the software) are located. Either that or the software is set to playing scratch sounds instead of chords without you knowing.

I'd suggest you dig around and try to find the culprit. Without knowing the software myself, that's the best idea I have.
My solo projects:
Hekkräiser (experimental) | MFG38 (electronic/soundtrack) | The Santtu Pesonen Project (metal/prog)

I appreicate the advice. I followed the YT video exactly. Not much to it really. I have chords setup and they work in the strummer. I hit the switch to turn the keyboard to match the strummer and I don't get the chords from the strummer, I get scratches.

Not sure what else to do.

Hi.. Look at the keyboard in the interface. Your notes, or chords, should fall within the keyboard region marked with blue line, i.e. from E1 to C5. Outside this region you'll have keys that only generate various noises (e.g. scratches) or control for articulations. I'm afraid Ample Sound were not clear about this, and the manual is quite useless in this respect (it only literally describes the interface).

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”