Best reverb for...

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Valhalla and Fabfilter Pro R
http://www.voltagedisciple.com
Patches for PHASEPLANT ACE,PREDATOR, SYNPLANT, SUB BOOM BASS2,PUNCH , PUNCH BD
AALTO,CIRCLE,BLADE and V-Haus Card For Tiptop Audio ONE Module
https://soundcloud.com/somerville-1i

Mushy Mushy wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:19 am
Winstontaneous wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:11 pm
ramseysounds wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:50 am This is surely a troll post? :?
Nope, a troll would be asking for IRs from the spaces underneath bridges :party:
I don't think many got this joke.

:clap:
:?: You're right, I don't... :shrug:
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:52 am
Mushy Mushy wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:19 am
Winstontaneous wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:11 pm
ramseysounds wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:50 am This is surely a troll post? :?
Nope, a troll would be asking for IRs from the spaces underneath bridges :party:
I don't think many got this joke.

:clap:
:?: You're right, I don't... :shrug:
A troll (a real troll :lol: and not an internet troll) is a creature that typically lives underneath a bridge.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Ah, totally makes sense!!
I always imagined they were typically cave dwellers.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Real trolls exist??
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:20 am Real trolls exist??
Of course.

"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

My go to for trance and techtrance is the Relab bundle (which one depends on the sound I want) and ArtsAcoustic. ArtsAcoustic is an older algo, but an excellent reverb stays an excellent reverb. I'm currently demo'ing HD Cart since I personally like Lexicon-type sounds on my tracks and planning to get a hardware Lexicon processor.

If you are looking for the sound of classic Rock/Metal of the '80s and '90s then you will want the ReLab LX480.

For Trance whatever, I don't know. Maybe the Audio Damage Ratshack Reverb?
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

More detail on what you are trying to achieve would be good. It’s nearly impossible to recommend something meaningful with what’s given so far.

That said, let me recommend a few plugins anyway 😂:

- LiquidSonics Seventh Heaven: it’s a Bricasti M7 emulation, really fantastic for naturally sounding reverbs

- Eventide Blackhole: awesome reverb madness, lush and definitely more an effect than a reverb (in the sense of emulating space)

- NI Raum: got this one for free when it came out and didn’t even bother to try it until recently. Sounds very nice, beautiful through and through. Fantastic deal at €49. Also more of an effect than straight up reverb, but I take it that’s what you’re after anyway.

- Zynaptiq Adaptiverb: I LOVE this one on piano. Definitely also not your average reverb, it’s more like a shimmer / synth / warp effect...it sounds absolutely beautiful though.

- Acon Verberate 2: A very good bread and butter reverb.

- 2CAudio Breeze 2: This one could suit your genre quite well. Really “clean” and “cold” sounding to my ears, beautiful quality

- Anything Valhalla: as others have mentioned already. Great verbs, great delays and great company worth supporting.

Not sure if any of you have tried this one.. but the Ben Schulz Redverb2 is a fantastic plugin with some pretty powerful features and a ton of presets.. Can be tweaked to work for almost every sound..

As everyone else ways then the Valhalla Verbs are brilliant for the quality/price-ratio. I would however suggest to really dig into those that are in your DAW already. Too many don't use them because they think the quality is bad because they get them "for free"

Vallhalla reverbs - check out their website, read the designer's ideas about reverbs....best value for money.
Zen

Valhalla Shimmer is a good one:)

The best reverb is the one that you like the most.
Some one else may have a different favorite.
One of the main aspects of producing music is having an opinion about what sounds good to you.
Try several out and you will have your answer the best way possible.

I agree with the Raum comment. It's fantastic and definitely underrated.

For realistic sounding reverbs, Nimbus. For more lush (perfect for your Trance productions), R4 is great.

Get those three and you're set.

Otherwise, Valhalla is great, too.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”