Best Production Youtube Channels

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by codec_spurt on Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Here’s the thing, after you learned a bunch of basics like knowing what each knob means/does on an eq, compressor, saturator, delay, reverb (and you alteady know these by watching any channel you already follow), the rest is just work and ear-training that no tutorial can do for you unless you spend hours working.

There is a long thread on the GS forum where John Hanes, partner of Serban Ghenea (the best mixing engineer of the last 20 years) debunks a sh*load of myths in the music mixing like no one else ever did - because (opposite to all youtube channels and blogs) he’s not advertising products. He’s a worldclass engineer not endorsing any products. The information there is so clean, simple, elegant and brutally honest. For me, it upped my workflow and mixing approach during a year of reading his continous contribution to that thread (and applying it) like no tutorials on mix with the masters or any yt channels did in over 3 years.

I can only recommend to read his input on there, there is a Q&A with John Hanes section and a “Serban Ghenea mixes - all ITB?” thread - they truly are something no one should ever skip to read. Cheers!

House of Kush for me as well!

House of Kush without question!
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Produce Like a Pro and Dave Pensado for the technical stuff.
And, Kush for the right attitude/mindset

My 2 cents. Maybe ‘a little’ techno oriented, but very good tutors and theoretical backgrounds, not only showing ‘how to make this sound’. I learned a lot from them.

- Yalcin Efe/Mercurial Tones Academy
- Underdog Music School (Oscar from Brussels)
- You suck at producing (Underbelly)
- LNA does audio
- Rachel K Colliers channel
- Production Music Live
- Sinee/Björn Torwellen
At the beginning of something beautiful...

andymcbain wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:49 am Mixing With Mike
Whitney Houston's engineer. Amazing credentials and validation.
House of Kush has concepts I never realised. I also like Colt Capperrune, he makes commercial recordings.

I prefer professional resources, anyone can start a channel with no credentials with financial gain in mind, I've seen similar dropping videos into forums and disappearing. There's a money to earned, here's a tutor who earned $75000 a month.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

E-Clip

SonicAcademy
Guy Michelmore (Film Scoring)
Underdog Electronic Music School

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You Suck at Producing and Sol State.

House of kush for me too. He's looking at music and not just sound.
His last video is veeery interesting (song analysis).

Best ideas in music productions comes from mistakes and experiments ,creating more mistakes :)
For example if you BY MISTAKE put a 16 note in a wrong place it probably become a 32 note anf create dynamic.
All the saturation and harmonic excitement devices are discovered by mistake :)
I prefer to watch random guys enthusiasts sharing ideas than super pro doing tutorials and repeating same 'techniques' for decades - where is surprise and innovations in that,music evolve,must be new ideas and sound.
When start to dealing with sound design i was driven by idea 'How better than me do it',now it's 'What better i can do,nobody else have done yet' :):):)
Cheers :)

If you do any work on mobile devices, it's definitely worth checking out thesoundtestroom. Doug is a character!

Seed to Stage for Abletons.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”