MuLab 8.2.20 beta

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

M8.2.6 is available in http://www.mutools.com/mulab/beta/

What's changed:
  • Reworked the VST Plugin Manager. You can now add each plugin to multiple categores and also indicate your favorite ones, which will be listed in an easily accessible top group.
  • Reworked the Plugin Selector when choosing a plugin for a rack, modular area, ... Besides supporting favorite VST plug-ins and VST categories, it also includes a search field.
  • MUX front panel / modular area: When browsing for another patch there also is a search field now.
  • New integrated knob and slider designer. These can be used to customize the app-global knobs and sliders, but also to make custom knobs and sliders per MUX front panel.
  • Extra layout options for front panel parameters.
  • Front panel knobs can now have any size.
  • Finetuned the GUI looks.
  • More GUI preferences.
  • The mouse cursor info display in the bottom-right of the editors has been replaced by an indicator in the time bar.
  • Finetuned default composition length.
  • Curve fields now have a Copy-Paste in their context menu.
  • Waveform function "Invert" has been split into "Invert Full Scale" and "Invert Separate Pos/Neg". See their context info for details.
  • Note To Modulation Converter: When Min. Key and Max. Key where the same, the output was not ok. Fixed.
  • Step sequencer lanes now have an explicit options button. (you can still double-click the lane header) Memo: Each step lane can be a chord or micro-sequence.
  • And more improvements.
How to update:
Windows: Replace the current MuLab.exe and MuLab.ID by the new versions.
MacOS: Replace the current MuLab.app by the new version.

To see the new GUI as it comes out of the box, go to MULAB menu -> GUI -> Reset GUI
(otherwise some of your current user settings will still be visible)

Here is a preliminary doc page about the knob and slider designer: http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/common ... esign.html

Curious for your feedback on the new looks, the new VST manager and the new knob-slider designer.

:party: :clap:
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

First time on here in weeks and now this :hug: :) :love: :tu:

Excellent work thanks Jo :tu:
Last edited by sl23 on Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You Cant seem to colour tracks anymore ?

One thing I'd like to change is the contour of the Sliders. But you have only one colour choice. It would look better if there were a choice of colours, I think anyway.

In other words each layer should have it's own selectable colour.

Impressive what you've done though thanks so much it's absolutely fantastic improvement. Still some bits need improving but I need to check everything first. Getting too late now!

runaudio wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:22 pm You Cant seem to colour tracks anymore ?
Drag and drop from the color picker (in the project menu)
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

dakkra wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:15 am
runaudio wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:22 pm You Cant seem to colour tracks anymore ?
Drag and drop from the color picker (in the project menu)
Thank you Dakkra

1. The new default GUI is quite nice. Amazingly, I prefer it over my own design!
2. It is very helpful to see related plugins in each folder in the Plugin Selector. As Tec Beatz says, "the secret to being a successful producer is file management." I spend much time organising so I know where everything is! It frees my mind.
3. For my latest front panel I spent too much time fitting knobs/sliders, so the designer is welcome.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

One thing I'd like to change is the contour of the Sliders. But you have only one colour choice. It would look better if there were a choice of colours, I think anyway.
As before, knobs and sliders only have one main color, which can be used in all variations of alpha, saturation and luminance. Design is uni-color is because knobs are colored at the place they're used, not at the design point. The big advantage of this is that a single knob design can be used in all different colors. (otherwise you would have to make a separate design for each different color, which would be very complicated)
Pls also read http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/common ... esign.html

Value Ring gradients don't seem to work correctly, unless it's me?
The default setting of Radial Gradient and Angle=0 should be either at the 12 o'clock position or at the zero point of the knob parameter.
Currently it starts at around the 3 o'clock position, which seems odd?
Colour A should also start on the left Minimum knob position and Colour B should finish on the knob Max position. But the reverse of this is true.

Thanks for enhancing the colouring system! It's made a huge difference and looks much better. :tu:

mutools wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:17 am
As before, knobs and sliders only have one main color, which can be used in all variations of alpha, saturation and luminance. Design is uni-color is because knobs are colored at the place they're used, not at the design point. The big advantage of this is that a single knob design can be used in all different colors. (otherwise you would have to make a separate design for each different color, which would be very complicated)
Pls also read http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/common ... esign.html
Aw! That's a shame. I'd be happy to have a single place to change knob colours. But I sort of see your point. It's just that on places like the Racks I would've liked to change the colour of the contour for slider and the Value Ring for knobs. but if it's too complex then don't worry.
:tu:

sl23 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:08 pm Value Ring gradients don't seem to work correctly, unless it's me?
What's not working? Pls elaborate.
The default setting of Radial Gradient and Angle=0 should be either at the 12 o'clock position or at the zero point of the knob parameter.
Currently it starts at around the 3 o'clock position, which seems odd?
It's the standard math rule. See that doc page.
Colour A should also start on the left Minimum knob position and Colour B should finish on the knob Max position. But the reverse of this is true.
You can get any gradient angle by changing the angle, thus also A left, B right is possible. (Angle = 180°)

Well logically, I set colour A to almost transparent and Colour B to opaque. Set the Knob to Bipolar and the gradient should work from zero to max left or right. But it's dark at the zero point and light at the max positions.

Also, when the knob is unipolar, setting the same Colours as above, the Radial Angular Gradient works in reverse. But there was also a small graphical glitch, I think. When the Knob was turned near zero the gradient would change. Hard to explain how. I'll try repeat it and do a video.

Maybe the gradient isn't supposed to work how I'm expecting for Angular? Where it fades in from light to dark from zero to max?

Return to “MUTOOLS”