I just love GEAR! Check out these IK pics

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No question that IKM's Amplitube series has some of the best guitar amp modeling but...AmpliTube 2's version of the AC30 == FAIL! They need to redeem themselves on that one.

If they can do for Vox what they did for Fender then more power to 'em 8) :tu:

I wonder if there is anyway one thing might be amplitube 3?????????? :hyper:

Amplitube 3...mmmmmmm new gear :love: :roll: :cry: :hihi: :help:

Well, I do have $131 in jam points to spend.

Could be an AmpliTube British Amp Collection or a Jazz maybe. An AC30 is involved it seems but much more than that so it is hard to tell. Could even be some crazy hardware piece with tubes! Hard to tell but fun to speculate... and to tease a bit if you'll allow for fun. ;)

I don't think the current AC30 emu is bad though. But I can imagine all sorts of improvements to such a great amp! I'd also love to use that amp on keyboards. :-o

An Orange, a Super Lead, a TLM 170 - it's getting interesting !
Cheers,
susiwong

hibidy wrote:I wonder if there is anyway one thing might be amplitube 3?????????? :hyper:
That's my guess too ..... hmmmmm

susiwong wrote:An Orange, a Super Lead, a TLM 170 - it's getting interesting !
Cheers,
susiwong
Aha! Hmmmm. Orange. Gilmour! Hmmm.

The Boogie is a MK III btw, hopefully with the SimulClass option. :love:
Doesn't exactly speak for my signature rig theory ... :shrug:
Re Gilmour/Orange - are you sure ?
Most of his setups were based around Hiwatts afaik, partially patching Alembic made clones of Fender preamps into Hiwatt power amps. The odd Marshall, Fender, Boogie added and WEM cabs ...
Anyway, Gilmour would probably sound like himself through a Behringer amp.
I remember Wishbone Ash using Orange back in the 70s.

Anybody identified this weird tone pot yet ?
I've seen these before, just can't put my finger on it atm.
Cheers,
susiwong

I didn't notice the new photos.

Someone did ask for a gilmour PB AT once.

I am taken aback by what seems to be possible fender photo's..........we've done that!

One of them is indeed an nice old orange it looks like. I'll always remember orange from the sabbath "paranoid" vid. Always thought it looked weird like they should be using something a little darker :hihi:

Squids wrote:Could be an AmpliTube British Amp Collection or a Jazz maybe. An AC30 is involved it seems but much more than that so it is hard to tell. Could even be some crazy hardware piece with tubes! Hard to tell but fun to speculate... and to tease a bit if you'll allow for fun. ;)

I don't think the current AC30 emu is bad though. But I can imagine all sorts of improvements to such a great amp! I'd also love to use that amp on keyboards. :-o
If IK does to Vox what they did with Amplitude Fender....WOW! The Jan issue of EM magazine awarded it to their 2010 Editors' Choice Awards saying IK and Fender produced the "...most compelling amp-modeling product released in 2009..." Now if IK does collaborate with Vox and there are many fine sounding Vox amps in addition to the AC30, it'll be another winner like the Fender. Judging by the success of the Fender app,it would make sense for IK or anyone else for the matter to collaborate with the original makers. Having Fender, Vox, Marshall or even a Boutique model coupled with the IK AmpliTube X-GEAR you have a tremendous arsenal and very powerful gear at your disposal to mix and match. I view these apps much in the same way as many engineers approach mixing in that some producers/engineers might solo every track and tweaking it in isolation, others might just only want to hear it and if the track works with the whole song. Same with these amps/synths..if they fit in the mix, then 90% emulation of the original is a home run. So I'm excited being a guitarist as that is my primary first instrument.
Bobn
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

Gilmour had an Orange. But yeah it's true his main thing was Hiwatts. He also used a Maestro Rover which I found and have in the studio for just squirly Leslie-like sounds. I am afraid to send it to Italy for them to model though because it is so fragile and rare but... it is a VERY cool sound. You hear it in "Any Colour You Like" on Dark Side of the Moon. The solo right before Brain Damage (The Lunatic is me 'ead)

Anyway, I think IK might be making a mmmmffffmmsmsmzmmzzzmmmm.... sorry, men in white suits just took me away. I am writing from a padded cell now. :D

Squids wrote:Gilmour had an Orange. But yeah it's true his main thing was Hiwatts. He also used a Maestro Rover which I found and have in the studio for just squirly Leslie-like sounds. I am afraid to send it to Italy for them to model though because it is so fragile and rare but... it is a VERY cool sound. You hear it in "Any Colour You Like" on Dark Side of the Moon. The solo right before Brain Damage (The Lunatic is me 'ead)
Man, I love that sound!

Yeah, it's a cool sound. Very Leslie-ish. I love guitars through Leslies. It's an under-rated effect for guitarists. Most of the guitars on Dark Side were recorded through a Leslie, Univibe or this Rover. Also on a lot of other albums.

Hey! AmpliTube Progressive! ;) Featuring Steve Howe presets and... that would actually be cool. Who knows? Maybe that IS it and I am being tricky because you'd never think I'd say what it is huh? Reverse psychology? Or because I just said that it could be reverse reverse psychology... and now it's anyone's guess again. Oh well. :D

Squids wrote:I am writing from a padded cell now. :D
Any chance of capturing an impulse ? :P
Lol,
susiwong

Yes! I've tried but... it's not a very live sound in a padded cell. ;)

Maybe this is a product for keyboardists. Ever think of that? :o

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”