The SR audio demo thread!

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I enjoyed that Donkey. My favourite part is the short bridge near the end sort of mello and cool. I noticed recently that you were on the Outside the Inbox compilation; Songs Inspired by Spam. What a brilliant idea

donkey tugger wrote:
don't make me

The rest I'm afraid is down to me.
Dear Mr. Tugger,

Excellent as usual!

As good as it is, however, I don't think it tops "Pwog Wok" in my book :lol:

Dan
Those that can, do. Those that can't, argue about it on k-v-r

...So, I was jamming with this trio the other day (me, myself and I) and I got to thinking how cool it is to have all the tools that Squids and the guys have rolled out over the last little while.

...SO, I tried to use as many as possible in this little thank-you-jam entitled

One for the Sawgrass

Comments welcomed.

Dan

I was listening to Genesis on the way home in the car last week and this is what happened.

A guest spot using the lovely "Us and Them" organ from Sonic Synth.

http://www.buzzbeach.com/showreel.htm

Best Wishes
Paulie

dgkenney wrote:
donkey tugger wrote:
don't make me

The rest I'm afraid is down to me.
Dear Mr. Tugger,

Excellent as usual!

As good as it is, however, I don't think it tops "Pwog Wok" in my book :lol:

Dan
How could it? :-o

Couple more...blimey almost busy;

inferences

Err, you could spend all yer want at SR sampling huge big f**ker grand pianos, but you'll never beat the sound of 'old record piano ATI' or whatever it's called. Proper upright-tastic, warm and lovely. Bring it back! Had to import it from SS1. Apart from that, not the most chirpy number in the world, probably all SR sounds sans geetars, the pianer, do you see? :hihi:

and,

calculations

faux zep intro, wall o shite outro, ennough said.

Sonik Synth 2 in pop

-Kim.

Well, it's taken me a while to even get some loop auditioning time but...

http://home.comcast.net/~beergeek/rexikmix2.mp3

The goal was to make an entire song using nothing but the loops from RAW and IK effects....

Cubase SE3, 9 loops from RAW, T-RacKs, AT2 and CSR.

Cut me some slack on it, it's a work in progress, I only spent 4 hours on it so far and I have no clue what I'm doing... :lol:
Play what you feel and feel what you play.

I'm pretty new at this, but I figured I'd post this anyway. It's not much, but it's the only thing I've finished using one Sonic Reality's libraries. It's a short ambient piece that I made using nothing but Sonic Reality's "Film Orchestra" Refill for Reason.

Lost Memories

I hope that didn't bore you too badly. :P

... Now back to playing with my newly-acquired Miroslav Gold Bundle :love:!

nice that you could do all of that with one refill!

Not boring at all...

dgkenney wrote:...So, I was jamming with this trio the other day (me, myself and I) and I got to thinking how cool it is to have all the tools that Squids and the guys have rolled out over the last little while.

...SO, I tried to use as many as possible in this little thank-you-jam entitled

One for the Sawgrass

Comments welcomed.

Dan
Hey Dan...just getting around to listening to some of the songs in this thread...I REALLY like this one...very nice indeed....so what exactly did you use?

--Rob

BTW...I remember when that was then...I didn't have a beard but my hair was longer and I still miss my D-35!

beergeek wrote: Hey Dan...just getting around to listening to some of the songs in this thread...I REALLY like this one...very nice indeed....so what exactly did you use?

--Rob
Thanks for the kind words, It really is a bunch of SR/IK/eSondz stuff including:

Lead guitar - AT2 Soo Smooth preset tweaked
Bass - SS2 No Frets Allowed
Piano - Rhodez light and Soft Old EP
Acoustic Guitars - SS1 Acoustic 6 string and ST2 - Nylon
Synth drone - Can't remember but it was out of SS2 I believe

All slapped together and arranged-rearranged-re-rearranged in Live

BTW...I remember when that was then...I didn't have a beard but my hair was longer and I still miss my D-35!
:lol: Yeah...that was then And then was a loooong time ago. I was supposed to put up another pix entitled "and this is now" but haven't got around to it. The caption would of course read..."an unemployed musician hanging out in coffee houses on the west coast.":lol: I need to put some more stuff up on the web-site the links other than songs is pretty bare.

BTW the D35 is still alive and well.

Dan

Sonic Synth 2 in Phase Diffusion. Non-drum instruments are SS2.

-Kim.

dgkenney,
really nice track you got there! Nice laid back groove. What did you use for the rhythms? I like your song. When i listen to your song, I can imagine playing bowling during the night, or eating in a restaurant, or perhaps just chit chatting in a soft corner ya know what i mean? Its that kinda melody - nice and doesnt get in the way of what you're doing. And you dont want it to stop. You keep the listeners wanting more. ;)

keyman_sam wrote:dgkenney,
really nice track you got there! Nice laid back groove. What did you use for the rhythms? I like your song. When i listen to your song, I can imagine playing bowling during the night, or eating in a restaurant, or perhaps just chit chatting in a soft corner ya know what i mean? Its that kinda melody - nice and doesnt get in the way of what you're doing. And you dont want it to stop. You keep the listeners wanting more. ;)
keyman_sam,

Thanks for those nice words. I am very glad you liked it.

Can't say for sure what I was thinking about as I put it together - may have been one of the scenes you suggested - all I know is it included Kate Beckinsale. :lol:

On a more serious note, lately I have been really taken with the combination of standard R&R drums coupled with latin type percussion (congas, shakers, etc.) (no comparison of course but like the old Santana band) This was a combination of both. I use mostly Stylus RMX and Linplug as the instrument(s) and use not only their libraries, but also a lot of stuff I have collected from SR and eSoundz through various offerings. In this one I think I used SR stuff for the straight snare and "Liquid Grooves" for the congas/brushes

As for the rest of the rhythm bed, I usually tap out a bass line on a keyboard with my really poor (re: nonexistant) keyboard skills and use my guitar or keyboard with an arpegiator or something like Camelspace to give me an "undercurrent that I like. In any event 90% is always through ST2 or SS2. The sound quality and ease of fxs is perfect for me.

Ableton Live makes all this possible for me since you can really take some basic 1,2 or 4 bar pieces and cobble together a coherent rhythm track. The ability to comp between clips and resample is incredible.

The rest is then just playing some lead and rhythm guitasr over and under. I learned on acoustic guitar so I have never really been one for metal or distortion so that may account for the overall soft sound.

Anyway, thanks again for your thoughts.

Dan

Kim (esoundz) wrote:Sonic Synth 2 in Phase Diffusion. Non-drum instruments are SS2.

-Kim.
Kim,

Nice job. I got to be honest, at the begining I wasn't so much of a fan. I don't tend to like electronic or distorted drums so much (cause I'm old and set in my ways :) ) But as soon as the instruments came in I really started to get it. By the end I was really into it.

I don't know why (cause it really isn't really like them so much) but I kept getting flashes of Beatlesque (showing my age again 8) ) type of instrumentation/arranging to it. Hope you take that as a compliment because that's how I mean it. They always had a simple complexity that I found very tasty.

Thanks for sharing it.

Dan

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”