African vocals fused with groovy tribal beats for you!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi All,

I have uploaded my track to the following site. Would love to see your comments/views/criticism/opinions/suggestions on it.

"A Night In Serengeti" -
It's a world fusion song with african chants, vocals, and flutes fused with groovy tribal beats.

http://www.mp3.com.au/satya/

Highly appreciate, if you can leave a review on this site as well.

Cheers,

Welcome to KVR
Haven't d/loaded it yet, but I'll come back with comments later, as it sounds promising from the description...

BTW, are there limitations to uploading to mp3.com.au?

If i may comment on the mix:
The dance drum loop does not gel with the rest of the mix. It sounds like these'a mid-range EQ cut applied. A bit too much in my opinion. Lot's of bass and high freq. But no mid-range.

This is really noticable after the lovely percussion at the beginning, which has lot's of space.

Check Deep Forrest III Comparsa. Lot's of ideas there. However you might be familiar with this already ?

composition-wise this is great but i have to agree, there's a gap in midrange. Other that, great stuff, i hope to hear more from you soon.

Nice!! Very clean sounding,,,,,,Liked it,,
Maybe lacking a bit in midrange but would have to back off the upper freq a touch if you pushed it,,
I would have improvized a little on the flute towards the end,,just to free it up a hair,,

But very nice 8)
Ed

very nice tune, i also think it could do with something more, like a pad, to bulk it out a bit, so to speak. I liked the dance beat, but maybe its very slightly too slow to dance to? Maybe just a few bpm more?

Top stuff

Jim

Thanks a lot for your replies. Will work on the mix again to rectify the mid-range cut.

Oh yeah, I forgot about this one :oops: Sorry
I liked the composition, the tribal beat, vocals. Really good. :)
The one thing I'm not fond of is the dance beat. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's bad, it's just that I'm not into these...

So it's a real flute? Nice

"um ba ye, um ba yo" sounds like it comes from "voices of Africa" sample CD. Is that correct?

Nice tune though. Totally Deep forrest, but hey we need to get our influences somewhere.

The dance beat is a bit heavy though. I would have preferred something a bit more mellow.

Good job anyway. :)

cloudspine wrote:BTW, are there limitations to uploading to mp3.com.au?
Sorry cloudspine, forgot to answer your question. No, there is no limit on the number of songs that you can upload at mp3.com.au.
Good site to showcase your talent, i must say. Even download.com (buyer of mp3.com) has no limit but their site is at beta stage and no streaming of songs as of now. you need to download each songs that you wanna listen to...but they are improving their site everyday.
besonic.com is another site without limit on songs but unfortunately it went down a couple of weeks ago and it seems they are gonna go mp3.com way. we will see. thanks for coming back and putting in your review.

I guess I stand in line with the mid-range cuts. It certainly seems to cut out some life out of these. The dance beats are too hi-eq heavy. And to specify it a tad more. I think its the lower mid-eq's starting from 500 hz that need attention, rather then the 3k and up.

Composition wise I liked this a lot though; that flute plays quite the effective and unexpected notes, but could use a bit more decay; not so much the intro part, but more the melody-sequence part.

Oh and thanks for bringing this back up; I completely missed this :oops:

Listened to both songs on your site. Nice relaxed feeling and very clean production. Maybe too clean for my taste. I liked Mystic voices better. References to Deep forest and Enigma make them sound a bit dated though but if one likes this kind of stuff these songs are cool ... (and not GMish at all :wink: )

zeoy wrote:(and not GMish at all :wink: )
Thanks for your review, zeoy. Yups, no GM sounds whatsoever. :)

Return to “Music Cafe”