Tarantino is dancing with Liz Taylor in a bar... 'last here'

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

usually I don't like using such 'attention-grabbing'-tricks but you might enjoy this nice little song:

last here

:band:

8)

:oops:

hm, not a single reply until it reached page 2... :?

should I assume now that the song is bad? :hihi:

(I get less and less replies for the songs I post although I'm sure that the level of their quality is rising constantly...)

Nice guitar, hits the feel dead on, the voice is right, the whole thing has the right 'vibe' except for one thing; Im really not so sure about the lyrics at all...

"Waiting for the reaper,
waiting for the man with the garden tool"

scans really badly for example... kinda spoils the 'vibe' I was talking about, in fact...
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

thanks for your comment! :-D

Well, I don't write the Zone X words (the singer does it), but I thought they were pretty good... :oops:

Zone X lyrics are always kind of ironic... - in this case they are about someone who decides to commit suicide...

last night I drew a conclusion
last night I've seen it clearly
my life is marked by confusion
and in the end - I'm standing here

Chorus 1:

and I'm waiting for the reaper
I'm waiting for the man - with the garden tool
I'm waiting for the reaper
And I'm afraid he's gonna be late.

And while I'm standing here, waiting for him
people are floating around me
like ants on a picnic-blanket, stealing crumbs
and I think that's the reason why I'm standing here

Chorus 2:

and I'm waiting for the reaper
I'm waiting for the rain - that drowns us all
I'm waiting for the river
and I'm afraid - it's coming to late

Suddenly I drew a conclusion
suddenly I see it clear
the meaning of life is confusion
and so I turn around - and go away from here.

it all is full of clichés - the music as well as the lyrics but hopefully with some new catch... - at least that's what we try to achieve. :oops:

First of all "I'm waiting for the river" isn't bad lyrics at all in my opinion :-))). Well, concerning lyrics, I don't dislike them at all, but surely it is the music like whyterabbyt (edit, blush): SAID that is great...
I really like the guitar-playing, the voice, a good sign is always that I want to know what was used, how it was used, and the old ghosts in new clothes-way of making music (stupidly renaming an old and good title here) is exactly what gets to new grounds, so let the project go on...

People who listened to this but did not reply here, may I suggest listening to this 2-3 times? The song has exactly the right length for me, and I especially like the end of it. Great work! After only 2 times listening it's in my head for the rest of this day, for sure...
nice project, let's get more of this.

Return to “Music Cafe”