No GUI for Ambience?

Official support for: smartelectronix.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

I recently donated to Magnus for his lovely Ambience. Does this mean I'll get a version with a GUI, cause at the moment Ambience only seems to have the standard AU sliders for all it's parameters. I see on the web site that the plug indeed has a nice GUI.

Thanks
Hugo

quote taken from http://magnus.smartelectronix.com/#Ambience
The AU version does not have a GUI.
the gui-screenshot is from the vst-version.

I once tried to paypal for that nice reverb as well, but it got returned - wher did you paypal to?

I would like a vst version WITHOUT a gui! Go figure! I just figure it might run lighter... Maybe im wrong?
The following statement is true.
The previous statement is false.

LIMITAPROACHINGINFINITY wrote:I would like a vst version WITHOUT a gui! Go figure! I just figure it might run lighter... Maybe im wrong?
In Cubase SX you can open plug-ins with the default host interface (just sliders). In Logic, you can also do that (at least in the old v4.7 with VST support). I bet most hosts are able to do this also via a shortcut... that's a standard feature.

You won't gain much CPU power anyway.

Oh nm

Yeah when you donate you get a link to every version ;)
Omerta

If you donate (hint, hint, nudge, nudge) there is GUI-less version available.

NAS beat me to it.

Still, if you donate (hint, hint, nudge, nudge) there is GUI-less version available.

did anyone tell you that if you donate you can get a version without gui? ;)

How ironic that i must donate to get a LACK OF gui!!

Is the non gui a vst?

It is indeed, but since there isn't a GUI, you have to close your eyes, focus, and think really hard about what you want it to do.. it gets a little tiring after a few hours...

:)
Play it by ear

thoshu wrote:I once tried to paypal for that nice reverb as well, but it got returned - wher did you paypal to?
hints and nudges helped, worked this time°!

late but ... paid. erm, :oops:

so if ya pay for the audio unit u will get a gui????

Atreyu wrote:so if ya pay for the audio unit u will get a gui????
if you had read the thread you'd know the answer ;)

there is no gui at all for au, doesn't matter if you donate or not, only the vst version comes with a gui.

Return to “Smart Electronix”