Hahaha CS33: New version (RC2) available for testers.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mohammed hussein wrote:hello can i make supersaw with this thing can someone post some supersaw preset demos
No supersaw! :x

But a wicked PWM sound... :hihi:
pethu.se/music-releases
Not a part of the loudness war!

Again with the damned supersaw questions. I think someone has a one-track mind.

Teksonik wrote:Love the BG Gradient! Adds just that "something" extra. The slider indicator lines (red) could be brighter giving a better sense of their location along the slder path. Can't see much to add after that (maybe just a little more reflection off the top of the slider knobs). Another professional Grymmjack skin! :hail:

EDIT: Didn't see the second version of your skin. Looks like you've already made the slider markers lighter. Master artist AND mind reader, very impressive. :hihi:
thanks man.

pethu wrote:Oh, yes - also, tooltips!
Wow, pethu. I was expecting to see "CC#16", instead I see "EG1 effect on OSC1 volume". And every (?) slider is tool-tipped as extensively. :shock:

Which is wonderful, really. But what I was looking for was a quick reference (CC#) to assist with mapping my hardware controller. I love my UF5 but it has no internal memory.

grymmjack, :hail:

I'll be back after I get to play/test/fall in love some more, just wanted to post the above and say thanks again. So, "Thanks!".

bobsled wrote:
pethu wrote:Oh, yes - also, tooltips!
Wow, pethu. I was expecting to see "CC#16", instead I see "EG1 effect on OSC1 volume". And every (?) slider is tool-tipped as extensively. :shock:

Which is wonderful, really. But what I was looking for was a quick reference (CC#) to assist with mapping my hardware controller. I love my UF5 but it has no internal memory.
You mean the default CS33 controller numbers? I could just add that to the end of the tooltip help texts. It's getting it dynamic (displaying currently MIDI-learned CC#s) that is too hard - at least at this stage.
pethu.se/music-releases

pethu wrote:You mean the default CS33 controller numbers? I could just add that to the end of the tooltip help texts.
Exactly! That would be very much appreciated. 8)

*edit* :oops: :party: :drunk:

:shrug:
Last edited by bobsled on Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This is cool... A mate of mine has a CS30 about 15 years ago - I loved it, so to have even a sarcastic emulation of the lower end CS series is just FAB!

I'm looking fwd to being able to use it :)

DSP

duncanparsons wrote:This is cool... A mate of mine has a CS30 about 15 years ago - I loved it, so to have even a sarcastic emulation of the lower end CS series is just FAB!

I'm looking fwd to being able to use it :)

DSP
I wouldn't call it sarcastic (apart from the pun in the name), but on the other hand, I don't think we can call it "emulation" either. I think we can stretch to "inspired by". :hail:

Actually, I just recently bought the CS80V, and discovered that there has been two "lucky accidents" in the CS33 design: Without actually glancing in the CS80 direction, I had incorporated a very similar filter setup (12dB HP/LP filter chain), and I also find the basic character of my self-made CS33 chorus very similar to that of the CS80. Simple but expressive, and with a distinct panoramic effect...

Almost like my little CS33 had delusions of grandeur growing up! :lol:
pethu.se/music-releases

sorry about the 'sarcastic' - I couldn't think of a better word at that moment.. :oops:

However - I do look forward to this being made a bit more public :)

DSP

Testers: Here's a quick'n'dirty tweak to the current preset patches, with adjusted reverb and delay levels that at least don't sound like immediate sh*te in RC2:

http://www.pethu.se/music/HahahaCS33Std.fxb

(In patches where the reverb or delay is currently unused, the volumes may be still out of whack -- even if the faders sit at zero. They need to be grabbed and dragged around to understand their new purpose in life...!)
pethu.se/music-releases

just stopping by the thread searching for more news,,,,, everything is looking good around here..

skin is done. in pethu's hands for final release now ;)

Is beta-testing over?
I was slow, and have finisched only half of the testing :(
Didn't find any errors though, just some minor thoughts about improvement.
But I see it is already released.

I have to say, that RC2 sounds very nice!
One of the reasons why my beta testing was so slow, is that playing with this synths is really nice.
-- Regards MrM --

Nice work! I really like the feel of this instrument. Usually when I download a new vsti, it gets played for a few minutes, then deleted. I found myself easily losing an hour yesterday, happily exploring it. No deletion is imminent at this point. Well done! :)

Return to “Instruments”