KnobMan, the VSTGUI AnimationKnob bitmap generator

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sinkmusic wrote: Oh, and, by the way, SCuzzy, any will to make a MetalMickey v2 ? :D
+1. I still use V1 regularly.

Jazzyspoon wrote:
sinkmusic wrote: Oh, and, by the way, SCuzzy, any will to make a MetalMickey v2 ? :D
you guys are joking, right ? :shrug: :lol:

great tool, thanks!
kostrz

Knobman is amazing, thanks a lot! :D

g200kg wrote:
brok landers wrote:also i'd like to know how i canactually offset i.e. a circle in position, still being able to rotate it on it's own center (not the layer's center, that is) ...
and damned, i badly need diffusion on _every_ shape, and an improovement on the antialiasing ...
Im not sure about the offset issue you mentioned.

1.Set the 'OffsetX/Y' to you need.
2.Set the RotCenterX/Y to same value
3.Rotate by 'Angle'

is it OK?
1. sorry for beeing so late, somehow i wasn't posted by kvr that you replied!
2. man, i feel so dumb ... it works as i wanted it ...
i made sooo many knobs, but did not recognise that it actually works like it should ... :oops:, probably because in the rotation angle the "y" is placed to the right, whereas the offset "x/y" functions are both placed to the left, for the initial state, maybe i was confused by that ... of course i now understand why that is ... completeley my fault, so sorry again ... so f****** easy ... :dog:
thank you so much for helping me out, it made it a lot easier to do semi-3d knobs like thisone:

or thisone:

still, how about the diffusion on all shapes? imo that would make it more easy to do knobs with "riffels", which i mostly do with the wavecircle or the radiated line, but often they are suffering from the fact that they can't be diffused, often they look too disrupted ...
so how about thatone?
btw, same goes to the masking ... couldn't that be diffused at the border aswell, user-adjustable?

that brings me to the last point:
how about one shape called "custom", which would be a user-adjustable shape, made based on a basic shape?
i.e., when one selects "custom" in the shapes dropdown, a window could pop up, where you could select from the included basic shapes, but then editing the shape (with various senseful options) to a new one withn that window? then, when closing that window, that shape could be automatically added to the already existing ones, for further use, including all the options the chosen-as-base-one (i.e. embossing, specular, diffusion and all that)?

and a bug (is it?) report:
unfold turned on seems to turn off antialiasing ...
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

Nice knobs brok!

agreed, very nice rotators ;)

DSP

I must agree, it's a nice tool...
But I made it crash clicking on the angle fader of the wave circle primitive.
Cheers
Sören
und doch, doch, und doooooch!

scuzzphut wrote:
Jazzyspoon wrote:
you guys are joking, right ? :shrug: :lol:
not at all ! i dig MetalMickey !!!

[end of thread hijack]

is it this Metal Mickey to which you refer ?
http://www.kvraudio.com/get/677.html
(i.e. the one by Rozzer - and nothing to do with me at all :hihi:)

sinkmusic wrote:not at all ! i dig MetalMickey !!!
I think Scuzzphutt is trying to point out that he didnt develop it. Its by Rozzer.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

I think Scuzzphutt is trying to point out that he didnt develop it. Its by Rozzer.
ultraooops
:oops:

ultraooops

sinkmusic wrote:
ultraooops
+1

duncanparsons wrote:agreed, very nice rotators ;)

DSP
very angry mobster wrote:Nice knobs brok!
thanks ... well, they're pretty basic, i just wanted to show what i meant ...

but i'm really having a problem with that kind of semi 3d approach, when it comes to riffeled knobs, or any other asymetric 3d-fake approach, as the rotation behaves strictly 2d based in knobman ... a really great step further into uniqueness (not that knobman isn't already unique) would be to be able to combine both approaches within knobman ... i'm not talking about the approach the way it is done in real 3d programs, that's too unintuitive, imo ...
what i'm talking about here is the fake-3d approach that i've used to make those above knobs ... you know, rotation options that could fake one or more layers in order to give the summ the look and the rotation of a 3d knob ...
i.e. i can build a knob as a picture that looks very convincing, 3d wise ...but as soon as it has to be rotatable, one can easily identify the fake ... but that's just a matter of the rotation options in conjunction with the lightning effects ...
i hope you all know what i mean ... my english sucks when it comes to such deep explanations ... :?
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”