Pls help me find Doru Malaia samples

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I made a song with those samples but i lost the samples. Problem is i don't know samples names and where to download it. I only know it was female wav samples (MIHAELA).
If anybody have tham or link where to get it pls help me!!!
Thx

My set came on a disc, and while he gave away tons of stuff for free, the big set was not a download. Did you lose the disc? If so, I bet they would sell a replacement either cheaply or, let's face it, it wasn't that costly to begin with, so you could buy it again.

Doru has been dead for some time, I'm quite sure the sounds are no longer available..

rlahalla wrote:Doru has been dead for some time, I'm quite sure the sounds are no longer available..
This comes up from time to time and someone always says a friend of his is managing the old business. I'll have to search and see if it's the case now, though. For a while, either a friend or someone in his family kept fulfilling orders.

I suppose they may be off the market for good now.

http://www.freewebs.com/dorumalaia/

Last I heard his wife and one of his colleagues were still filling orders, but I couldn't say if that's still so. The main problem will be getting in touch. Search KVR for "Doru Malaia" and look for the last few posts. One post was made by Daniel Sprianu, who worked with him. He is probably your best bet.

Here's a thread in which I posted the email addresses Mr. Sprianu gave:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=232310

One thing is for sure, there's definitely a void now in areas that Doru covered with his products. Most of the sample sets the size of that disc are way more expensive now and usually locked to a player of some sort.

He was such a gentleman in his dealings with people. Makes me kind of sad to recall those last few months.

Try opening the project file (probably a binary) in a text editor and search for ".wav". You may be able to figure out the sample name that way. If it's part of a free package, someone might be able to provide it...

SWTrex
"Sometimes I think of Abraham...
How one star he saw had been lit for me"

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”