Made a song together with my brother

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Let me know what you think of it.
It's not completely finished but you get the idea.

http://rapidshare.com/files/267985871/r ... tthijs.mp3 :wink:

old school funky? yeah not bad, the piano sound retro late 80s early 90s, it's all about the genre u like, i'm a breakbeat man so 4 me the song is too quite (but just imo :) ) this is the way u want make it sound, so probably it sound good to u.

imo u can remix this with an house drum beat, (makin it sound modern) or go 4 heavy stuff with breakbeat 8) the solo guitar is nice

Oh thanks.
Breakbeat he ... do you like this --> http://rapidshare.com/files/140146007/duality_27.wav
However its more Drum and Bass like

the dnb track sounds pro, not just an amatorial pc track. i suggest u to finish it, use some vocal samples 4 the melody, and other vocals for protect the song (intro and outro) send the demo to a dnb indypendent label :)

which flanger did u use?

I made that song 3 years ago or so. Back in the days that I still used illegal software. Now I only use sample's and software that are mine.
I think the flanger was of the Korn Legacy Collection, the effect section that is. But I am not sure. The hard disk with the project files on crashed. The number was original a lot better and longer, around 3 minutes but not yet finished.
The only thing I could recover was a sample of it that I send to a friend of mine and that's what you hear. Now I backup everything and I mean everything on rapidshare. Sample's, project files and renders. I have more then 60 GB online.
But yeah the project files for that track are gone so I wonder if I will ever finish it. The original song did have vocals later in the song and a very very nice piano lead. You can hear the beginning of the piano lead in the sample.
To bad he :( It's still one of my best projects as far as my DnB goes. I still have the HD but recovery is kinda expensive, but maybe one day I pay to get my files back.
At least I still have a pure sample of the beat I made for that duality song. I am very proud of it. It's a own arrangement of a sliced up amen break and then uptempo to 170 bpm instead of 135. And I rendered every slice apart with some EQ, compression and a little reverb. :)
Oh and thanks for the feedback. :wink:

what a shame! for not have trouble with virus and other * i suggest u to use 2 different operative systems with 2 partitions, i'm using linux ubuntu 9.04 for internet, the pc things ecc. and win xp with FL studio for my daw, imo it's must have a partition ONLY for the daw, and all the rest somewhere else.
don't forget to scan everything with a good av before u put on the daw, even freeware vst (i never find virus in no one of them but i keep scanning)
an external HD is really useful, saving your projects there keeps them aways from dangers.
in my daw i only get internet on when i have to update the AV, then it's always turned off

about the song, i think if u was able to do that, u will able to do other cool things :) what sequencer r u using now?

FL Studio :D
Yeah I know Cubase is better.
Its also way more expensive and I have know idea how to work with the damn thing.
I have fruityloops experience since version 2 and have tested almost every beta version. It's so fast to work with. Main issues are the crappy midi support they have like if you select a different instrument your midi controller jumps to it instead of letting the midi port and channel number decide that.
Also if you render to wave or mp3 is uses just a little compression so you got to record everything in real time. And there are more flaws but yeah it only costs 200 euro for the package with Sytrus in it. The synth in duality is a default sytrus one with some editing.

About the cool stuff. Yeah i created some cool stuff so far only problem is I never ever finish songs. I just listen to them over and over and over ... then start a new project. I have made Trance, Breakbeat, DnB, Jazz, Classical Piano pieces, HipHop, Pop, Funk, Blues. But so far never a song that really really had it, like it could be a hit or something. But I just keep on working and trying to finish projects. To bad I have lost so many project files in the years. I never had issues with viruses or stuff like that. But 3 major hard disk crashes. You think a raid5 setup with 4 disks would be safe but noooo a lighting storm came by the whole thing overloaded and I lost mister processor in the process. I could live with that, but a couple of days later my first disk crashed. You should thing the system would give me at least a couple of days to replace it and rebuild the arrays but Murphy is such a bitch. The other disk crashed one day later without a warning or anything. :bang:

I have 5 diskes laying here over 5 year time and they all have program files on them that have no backups besides some samples and renders that I stored on the internet.

Like a song like this. http://rapidshare.com/files/140535400/p ... r_beta.mp3
Lovely isn't it (well the first part with only the piano is for sure)
Changes of ever finishing it .... I don't even have the midi anymore :shrug:
Now I have a double RAID5 set and at the end of everyday a batch runs that backups the project files, project bone, the last render and the midi files on rapidshare and on the hosting side of my provider. Every two weeks I make backups on cd's and a external HD. Now dear mister Murphy, whats your next move !

Kain wrote:but Murphy is such a bitch
damn right
Kain wrote:Now dear mister Murphy, whats your next move !
:tu: :tu: :tu: i think now u can even store NASA files :D

the piano song is clean of a beat so u can use it like a sample, do u know that kinda french chill house? u only need some house beats and it will be ok, piano saxy things i think someone will be interested

FL studio is really easy to use, for me is supercool but like u say they need to improve that crappy things, fix some bugs and then (imo) it can be used live. i need a good sequencers for live things, i think i will try ableton. couze my projects got a lot of automation and i prefer to keep the music more playable possible, but i need a ROCK SOLID sequencer possibly easy to use like FL
i got the same problem of u lot of projects but not many finished song :) i want to pubblic something here in kvr but i want protect my music from the stolers, is it creative commons a good idea? if u know, once i get a track on cc, if one day i decide to use that track 4 a commercial purpose is it possible or not? maybe i can't? sorry for the question

I don't really know. But why would a song be no longer your propery once you have posted it here. It's your song you can do what you want with it.
Of course if you are really good and scared that people steal your music then register with one of the artist organizations and register your song there.

Kain wrote:I don't really know. But why would a song be no longer your propery once you have posted it here. It's your song you can do what you want with it.
Of course if you are really good and scared that people steal your music then register with one of the artist organizations and register your song there.
from a logic point of view there's no reasons why creative commons should not let you use your projects for an (eventually) commercial purpose. it was just a question for tryin to understand, i think i will email them

Return to “Music Cafe”