Link: Venom VB-303 VSTi (Beta release)

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:hihi:
It doesn't matter how it sounds..
..as long as it has BASS and it's LOUD!

irc.libera.chat >>> #kvr

Gawd, everytime i check this thread with hope that it has been finally released :cry: Just stop teasing us, antto and finish it already :D

Hey antto,
I was wondering if you mind including the Venom wavetables sampled in my DC entry. I'll come back here with a loop of what it sounds like today. I want to cover 303, and i like the Venom so. I can try dig up some royalty free Roland otherwise.
Thanks for this. It's the shiznit!
Cheers

Nahkranoth: i know, damn, got some new stuff to add to it
i promise that it'll sound a lot better! not sure about the CPU Usage, so have that in mind

nix808: i didn't understand that, what wavetables?!
or you want me to render some 303 patterns for you?!

irc.libera.chat >>> #kvr

i think he's asking if he could make some samples using your plugin and implement them in his plugin which is being developed for the dc 2009.
Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!

oh, sure, why not? ;]
you don't mean the "under construction" version, right?

here, i made another demo, with the new waveforms (this time it's a lot closer to the original, i like it)
rendered at 44100Hz, no FX used, the drums come from Drumatic
this is to show you guys that i'm not wasting any time and i'm working on the synth, i hope you like it (it's getting closer and closer)
vb303_and_drumatic.mp3 (2.5MB)

i recently found a very kind guy, who owns a bunch of TB-303s, and was so kind to record all kinds of samples i wanted, his TB-303 are unmodified, and working well, and sound great
he also gave me some info, Q&A about the sequencer, and how the pattern editor actually works
and i am now interested in modifying my own sequencer, to work closely to the real thing
yet, no software (even hardware) clone/emulation has the TB-303 pattern editor
they all do it differently ..some even don't have a sequencer, and use midi

it seems even that you hear everywhere that the original TB-303 pattern programing is a nightmare - no it's not, you just need like 10-20 minutes of concetration to learn the basics and you'll never forget it (like riding a bike)

i'll try to emulate that (well, sort of) so that people who have (or had) a real TB-303, and are familiar with the 303 programing style will find this synth familiar too ;]
i'll still keep the "modern" programing style

irc.libera.chat >>> #kvr

Yep, bpblog knew what I meant. I'll experiment with some more samples before showing you, but it sounds OK, if not all that 303ish(especially when pitch shifted more than an octave).
Cheers antto, I guess I look no further for 303 wavetables!! The VB303 is killer, I think I only can be a shade of it with sampling.
That latest demo sounds really close to me

Great mp3, antto. If you aren't at the top of the software clones, you'll be there soon. Seriously, not sure I could tell yours from the hardware anymore.
Swing is the difference between a drum machine and a sex machine.

thanks both of you ;]

irc.libera.chat >>> #kvr

Hey this synth is simple rox!!!

Pls keep this good work alive.

Where can i found the lastest version of this gem. :help:

there is only the beta version available (which sounds kind of silly now, compared to the latest audio samples i've given)
i am working on version 1.0 or whatever it'll be called, it's still under construction, uhm.. and it's not available

irc.libera.chat >>> #kvr

So has this been updated at all since the original post? I got the first version that was released and I love it. I was just wondering if any of the bugs had been sorted out and a newer version had been released? I really love this thing. Duh! I should of read the previous post be for I opened my mouth. :oops: :dog:

ok guys, i realize it's annoying that i upload samples all the time
VenomVB-303_beta2.zip (1.9MB)
there, this is what it is right now

now before you get too excited, please read this:
requirements: at least 44100Hz sampling rate (88200 or higher is recomended)
this build does not require SSE, SSE2 or any fancy SIMD stuff (it runs on my old Duron650MHz.. windows98SE) erm, it does not use such, so new PCs won't get an advantage..

restrictions: there are certain things you gotta not change!
Waveform Type: keep it set to "2"
filters were changed, the readings (18,24,36dB) are no longer valid, use the 18 filter (which is the closest one) the 36 filter is a modified moog ladder, which screams kinda good, but it's not that close, the 24 filter is my old filter, but i haven't yet worked on it, it might explode or crash, so don't use it!

there is a red field below the synth, with a switch, and a few knobs
these are "hidden" knobs, don't change em!
ok, you can but you gotta understand what they are for
the two on the left side - they do nothing.. (yes..)
then (left to right)
- Square (sawtooth pre-amp) (60.0) .. you don't really wanna change this!
- OSC tuning - if it's 1.0 it's "perfect" .. analog oscillators are never perfect
waveform quality (switch) - left = draft, right = bandlimited (like in the beta)
<then, there are 3 knobs controlling cutoff frequencies of some special HP filters>
- DC Killer
- MainFilter feedback HP
- DC Killer2?
the right-most knob preamplifies the input signal of the main-filter, keep it 1.0

don't use the FOLDback distortion

warning: when loaded, the synth might try to create some log file(s) (probably *.txt or *.log) in your D:\DBG\ or simply D:\
haven't checked, but be aware
erm, it won't erase you HDD, but use it at your own risk, you know..

i probably forgot something important, damn

irc.libera.chat >>> #kvr

Heh. Good. We were tearing our hair out.
Swing is the difference between a drum machine and a sex machine.

and a fast selection of my patterns, most of em might be silly.. patterns2.zip (4.9KB)
the beta, and this new beta2 versions might play the same patterns differently (due to the changes in the sequencer)
it'll get worse, since i got more changes to do, so these patterns might need some "convertion" when the final release is out
i'll think of something probably..
blah, enjoy

irc.libera.chat >>> #kvr

Return to “Modular Synthesis”