3S sampler question ?

Official support for: manytone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, i am new to music production...

Just tried out the 3S vst sampler as it seems very simple, which is
what i am after.

so my question: i have a sample loaded and have it mapped to "all" and i can hear my sound by pressing midi notes on keyboard. I'm using cubase, i try to change the note lentghs of the samples but it still plays the full sample lentgh ..
can this not be changed or is this just what the sampler does?

Hi iamanewbie
That's basically how 3S (Simple Shiny Sampler) works.
3S was released way back in 2001. (Woah 9 years ago :-o )
Still, it's a simple free tool to experiment with.

We no longer even have it available on our website, although I know it is available at various archives on the net.

All our newer products allow you to map and use your own samples in a much better way than 3S ever did, and will do what you want and much more (Filters, FX etc). 3S was just that ... a Simple Shiny Sampler from the early days of VST. :-)

Welcome to the forums BTW.
Paul

Cool, i had to ask as i wasnt sure wheather it was just the way 3S worked OR wheather there was some lil switch in cubase to change it (i am a newbie to cubase!)

Its a shame as if it did have just that 1 xtra paramter so you could change the note lentghs, it probabaly woulda been my sampler of choice ! as i bounce all my sounds with FX + eq before hand so i only need literally a sampler to hold my wavs and sequence them.

still, Your newer sampler looks way way better, i might just have to chek 'em out :)

peace :)

Return to “Manytone Music”