Introducing ValhallaShimmer. High end reverberator + pitch shifting

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Same here, if its priced well. looks and sounds like something a lot of people around here could find quite useful.

no news??

arbee wrote:no news??
http://valhalladsp.wordpress.com/2010/0 ... ss-report/

I think I'm a few days out from release, but it is unknown if any show-stopping bugs will come up in the final beta testing. My wife has been working on updating the website, with the new pages for the product. The Paypal button needs to be tested as well.

Trust me, when it's ready, I'll be screaming it out at the top of my virtual lungs.

Sean Costello

Whoop!!Whoop!! :wheee:
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

Bumping to get this Air Supply "Not in Love" thingy back on top...

Please PM me if you need another Beta tester :wink:

John-E34 wrote:Bumping to get this Air Supply "Not in Love" thingy back on top...
You mean the 10cc song? That is a freaking incredible achievement for 1975:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I%27m_Not_in_Love

Lots of high end air. The "bright" color mode in Shimmer would be a good starting place for such a sound.

I never thought of this before, but it would be interesting to set up a few octaves of tracks, sing a single held note on each track, with ValhallaShimmer turning each note into a near-infinite pad, and then mix the tracks as needed to get a 10cc type sound.

Copy protected beta is currently being tested. Getting close...

Sean Costello

Hm. I figured I really need the shimmer to finish a new track. It will be the plugin that end all plugins. :)

jensa wrote:Hm. I figured I really need the shimmer to finish a new track. It will be the plugin that end all plugins. :)
I want it too, but come on, don't say that. People made excellent music before plugins came out, before the computer, before reverb, before guitars. Go ahead and finish the track. You haven't even used Shimmer yet, it'll at least take you a while to figure out how to properly find its sweet spots.

NewSc2 wrote:
jensa wrote:Hm. I figured I really need the shimmer to finish a new track. It will be the plugin that end all plugins. :)
I want it too, but come on, don't say that. People made excellent music before plugins came out, before the computer, before reverb, before guitars. Go ahead and finish the track. You haven't even used Shimmer yet, it'll at least take you a while to figure out how to properly find its sweet spots.
Of course I can do that. The point is I feel it would fit right in with the mood in the track and take it further down the path I want to go. And yes... I've listened to the presets Sean put up. I know what I'm looking for. Hey, we get inspiration from different things. I get it from listening to the examples Sean have put up. That's what counts. :)

And of course... I need an excuse to not finish my stuff but that IS another story. :)

jensa wrote:
NewSc2 wrote:
Of course I can do that. The point is I feel it would fit right in with the mood in the track and take it further down the path I want to go. And yes... I've listened to the presets Sean put up. I know what I'm looking for. Hey, we get inspiration from different things. I get it from listening to the examples Sean have put up. That's what counts. :)
i am so jazzed about this plug, and wish it would happen. in the meantime, I tried a poor man's version: EOS on a bus with a pitch shifter on the reverb. sounded pretty neat when I automated the pitch; kind of sounded like strings and horns were playing way off in the distance across some imaginary valley. :)
macbook pro 2.88 GHz Intel Core Duo, 10 gigs ram, 750GB HD, Logic Studio 9
my blog and some music:
http://rabbitearsmotel.wordpress.com/

michael2 wrote:i am so jazzed about this plug, and wish it would happen. in the meantime, I tried a poor man's version: EOS on a bus with a pitch shifter on the reverb. sounded pretty neat when I automated the pitch; kind of sounded like strings and horns were playing way off in the distance across some imaginary valley. :)
I think I can see a Hobbit in the distance. :)

jensa wrote:
michael2 wrote:i am so jazzed about this plug, and wish it would happen. in the meantime, I tried a poor man's version: EOS on a bus with a pitch shifter on the reverb. sounded pretty neat when I automated the pitch; kind of sounded like strings and horns were playing way off in the distance across some imaginary valley. :)
I think I can see a Hobbit in the distance. :)
Then i just hope there's no troll hidden in the near !

:P

I really hope EOS isn't a cheap-man's Valhalla, because then it means it's going to be very expensive. :-o

michael2 wrote:
jensa wrote:
NewSc2 wrote:
i am so jazzed about this plug, and wish it would happen. in the meantime, I tried a poor man's version: EOS on a bus with a pitch shifter on the reverb. sounded pretty neat when I automated the pitch; kind of sounded like strings and horns were playing way off in the distance across some imaginary valley. :)
I've used an Uhbik G -> EOS combination on a send on a few tracks. It sounds very nice. But I'm sure shimmer will be better (or different). I can't wait until it's released. Sean surely knows what he does and I'm sure that this will be an amazing plugin!

Cheers
Dennis

Return to “Effects”